Smash Direct Live Update: DEC 15th 2PM PST

Super_Smash_Bros_4_merged_logo,_no_subtitle.png

The final Smash Bros update is upon us, and I'll be giving you all the latest updates if you can't be bothered to watch the stream itself.

If you would like to watch the stream, here are some links where you can see it live.

:arrow: NINTENDO'S SITE
:arrow: NINTENDO TWITCH

LIVE UPDATES BELOW:
  • Fire emblem reveals right out of the gate! HERE COMES CORRIN FROM FIRE EMBLEM FATES!
  • Looks like we are now at 6 FE characters for Smash! Also with a female alternative, ala Robin.
  • Corrin's primary method of fighting is allowing him to transform from multiple dragon forms. Tip strength much like Marth's sword.
  • Stun strikes, long reach, quick movement, Corrin is looking pretty broken so far...
  • Wide angled counters and up-b's for range coverage.
  • New music from Fire Emblem Fates!
  • New Fates Trophies
  • February 2016 release for Corrin
  • Cloud information now!
  • Cloud will be available soon...
  • Cloud has a 3hit chain attack
  • Cloud has costumes from advent children, 2 different ones.
  • Limit Gauge will constantly fill, ala Little Mac's KO gauge. You can fill this gague with down B.
  • Each B move will be a different limit break attack once the gague is filled, one time use.
  • Finishing touch is a down special that allows for enormous launch.
  • Midgar Stage!
  • Summon Materia constantly appears, available for all players. You can summon monsters with it that act a bit like assist trophies.
  • At least 8 different summons, all with unique abilities that can change the fate of the game dramatically.
  • The 3DS version will also have summons!
  • Cloud will be available today!!!! 5.99!
  • Chocobo hats for mii fighters!
  • GENO COSTUME FOR MII'S
  • The final Mii fighter costumes revealed!
  • Geno, Chocobo hats, Bionic Armor, Takamaru, Ashley from wario ware, Gil from tower of dragul, Tails from sonic, Knuckles from sonic
  • THE FINAL FIGHTER IS...
  • BAYONETTA JOINS THE FIGHT!!!
  • Bullet artes, hair attacks, witch time, Bayonetta 1 costumes, a new Bayonetta stage, a final smash of enormous demons!
  • Bayonetta won the smash ballot
  • When Witch time fails, you'll turn into a bat to reduce damage.
  • Multiple costumes
  • Bullet Climax is her standard special.
  • Side special heel slide on the ground, afterburner kick in the air. Allows for two strikes in the air at a diagonal angle.
  • Witch Twist Up special, short recovery but allows for bullet damage. Can also be used twice.
  • The final smash has to be filled to summon the infernal demon while in witch time.
  • Umbra Clock tower stage with original music. From Bayonetta 1
  • Targeting February 2016 release.
  • Amiibo of Roy and Ryu cming March 18th
  • Amiibo will also be coming for all new fighters of course!
  • 58 fighters and 84 stages! ENORMOUS!
  • 743 trophies and 704 trophies for wii u and 3ds respectively.
  • THANK YOU SAKURAI!

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
God forbid the most voted character wasn't from a wii-u exclusive modern game. Why not a more obscure character?

Also. Fire. Fucking. Emblem. Jesus Christ might as well call it fire emblem duels

It's all just for advertising sake for "fates" BTW that corrin reach is OP as a motherfuck

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
Reactions: CeeDee

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Corrin looks fantastic but seriously OP with that side special lol
Cloud looks great and im glad they included a charge for the limit breaker
Bayonetta tho, DAMN! I did not expect her but im so glad shes in, she looks awesome!

Also special note to the 2 new stages, both of them look so great. Excellent Direct and im excited to try out all 3 new characters!

Reactions: EMP Knightmare

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really sweet direct! I'm actually sad those are the final announcements...
As selfish as it is... I want so much more :(

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Just what we need, more fire emblem characters. Can't get enough of those counters... :nayps3:

At least he's not a clone. Robin and Ike are both fire emblem but at least they play way different to Marth/Lucina/Roy. Most peoples problem is not that its fire emblem or that its sword characters, its clones. Corrin does not look like a clone of anybody and he looks awesome. I really dont see the problem here?

Reactions: Xabring

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm actually disappointed in smash ballot results.

How did she come in first when I never even heard ONE person vote for her

Imparasite

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
serioulsy im very disappointed on the last 3 choices, bayonetta and cloud is fine with me but corrin grrrr.. hoping for banjo, shovel knight and shantae :( but ok ok life goes on move on ahaha maybe they holding it on smash bros 5 on NX :D

Reactions: zezzo

Naderino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo ruined everything. I am so disappointed. Fk smash bros fk sakurai

I'm actually not disappointed with the characters themselves. They're pretty cool and we can clearly see the amount of work done by Sakurai and his team. The only disappointing thing is that it's actually over and we didn't get everyone we wanted. Then again, we can't always get the best of all worlds :P

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least he's not a clone. Robin and Ike are both fire emblem but at least they play way different to Marth/Lucina/Roy. Most peoples problem is not that its fire emblem or that its sword characters, its clones. Corrin does not look like a clone of anybody and he looks awesome. I really dont see the problem here?
You must be a big fire emblem fan then. All the characters from nintendo's history that they have and they choose yet another fire emblem character. Too many from that franchise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr