Gaming Smash Brothers Dairantou X Help/Instruction Thread

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread will keep being updated. I will try to keep track on every post in Smash Bros related topics and point out the most important questions, tips and all that.

Also, this thread explains (mostly) on how to work with the DVD5 (TMD) release. The DVD9 (Caravan release) version has been released now as well. Most information here is irrelevant to the DVD9 (Caravan release) version!

Need to know:

The DVD5 (TMD) stripped version has been released which has some random crashes (read more of this down below), so there is NO NEED for a DL DVD yet (unlike the DVD9 release by Caravan). It's just 1 normal DVD just like any other Wii game released until now.

It works on all regions:

-NTSC-J: No problems at all, except for the usual problems with this disc which are described down below.
-NTSC-U: Double channels when using full update on 3.1 Wii firmware. Everything still works.
-PAL: Double channels when using full update on 3.1 Wii firmware. Doesn't work on 60Hz, but DOES on 50Hz.

Preparations:

Before anything else, make 100% sure you have version 3.1 firmware on your Wii (can be seen in settings). You can get this through Mario Galaxy in the region you're from. Also, make sure you have Wiikey 1.9g.
Let the entire patch on this disc install and get dual channels (except for japanese wii's). I have been playing this game for 5 hours straight and I have not met ONE difference from how my Wii was before, so there is no problem with the update for your wii, other than that you have 2 extra channels.

Also, for PAL users, make sure you have put your Wii on 50Hz in the settings before you start the game.

Starting the game:

After you did all of the above, start the game. If you notice any shaking in the warning or loading screen, just go back to your Wii interface and start again, since you won't be able to play it properly (this occurs every few times). When you see no shaking, continue. You can let the entire intro movie roll. As far as I know, this and the first movie from the SSE mode are the only movies you'll be able to see without crashing your Wii.

A translation of pretty much all the menu stuff can be found here: http://faqs.ign.com/articles/849/849163p1.html

Playing the game:

I have not tried everything, but I can say the following things with 100% certainty.

- VS mode works, however, it crashes every now and then (occured about 5 times in 5 hours for me). If you keep your battles reasonably short, it shouldn't occur too often (5 stocks for example).

- Classic mode works, but it will crash after the credits.

- You can play the Target minigames. Possible other minigames as well, haven't tried those however.

Member contributions:

Here I will list all the questions, solutions and any interesting stuff I come across about this release posted by other members.

Unlocking characters:

TehLink found this on how to unlock characters:

Through Brawling (VS mode battles)
-----------------------------------------------------
Ness 5
Marth 10
Luigi 22
Falco 50
C.Falcon 70
Lucario 100
Snake 130
R.O.B 160
Ganondorf 200
Mr.Game and Watch 250
Sonic 300
Jigglypuff 350
Toon Link 400
Wolf 450

Events:
Missions 21 - (28 to 30) Beat events 1 - 20 and have R.O.B unlocked
Missions (29 to 31) - 40 Beat all the remaining events and have everyone unlocked
Mission 41 - Beat mission 40

Member suggestions and rumors:

- You can use the trick to cut the electricity to your wii when installing the patch at approx. 15% to avoid double channels. SOME MEMBERS (not all) REPORTED THAT THIS MIGHT CAUSE TROUBLE. I remember reading that one of the members ended up with weird colors in his Wii interface or green screens in Smash Bros, possibly more side effects.

- There seems to be a way to use 60Hz for PAL users. This can be done by booting the game in 50Hz, turn off the deflicker option in the Smash Bros options menu, then go back to your Wii Interface and put it on 60Hz in your Wii settings. Boot the game again after and it should work in 60Hz.

- Mateking gave us some important information considering what works and what not:

Level Creator works (also been reported by Osaka as working).
Coin launcher works.
"Masterpieces" don't.
The videos at the data section are freezing in the middle.
"Break the targets" works.
"Homerun contest" works.
Multi-Man Brawl works.
Event mode works.
SSE doesn't, just the first stage.
Classic adventure freezes after the credits, and your progress is not saved when it does.
VS mode works.
On Wi-Fi the spectator mode works, the random didn't match me with anyone.
Special brawl works.
Album works (screenshot feature).
All music works.

Member questions, please help them if you know the answer:

Q: Does anyone know how to play other break the target levels besides the first one?
A: TehLink said, you can't on this DVD5 version , since you'll have to complete adventure a couple of times

Q: Did anyone get online mode to play?
A: Spectator and friend code multiplayer is reported to work. Random battles do not.

If you have any questions or want to add information, feel free to do so. I'm pretty sure me or one of the other members will be able to answer your question.

m0nk3y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so we don't need to burn this on a dual layer dvd?

I've heard from some places that even though this is a dvd5 release we still need to burn it on a dual layer dvd

Hoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unlocked Luigi, Marth, Capt. Falcon, Falco, Ness, Snake and Sonic by playing multiplayer matches.

sebaash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i use metroid method and no have dual channels
biggrin.gif

and the game is fine, very fine
biggrin.gif

now i waiting a wiikey update and DVD9 release
biggrin.gif

Pazu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you guys sure the Online works ?
Cause I'm in the Wifi wait room since 5 minutes ...
I got the 500xxxx error the first time

On the other han, I can watch and bet in the Online watching mode
blink.gif

So, does the Online Batlles works ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.