SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
should say that the Caravan dump is now working with D2Ckey/Wiinja chips heh... people that dumped and burned their own backups have had success with D2CKey'd Wii's for a while now... but anyways, im burning my copy now, 5min left, i'll report back and say what happens

beauchampy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine works perfect! Video playback is smooth too.

PAL Wii. Wiinja Deluxe V4.
Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x (the supposedly rubbish indian ones that actually work fine).

biggrin.gif

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing really new here is the Layer Break information.

Which is very interesting. I hope some people on other chips test it out, too.

I'm all out of DLs right now, though
tongue.gif

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
One thing I'm wondering is "would the modified layer break work with Wiikey?" It could be an interesting find about why the original isn't working with Wiikey and the backup is...
smile.gif

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder how many DL DVDs the Wiinja team had to waste to find the proper layerbreak. Good job!
smile.gif

Can someone confirm if this works with Wiikey? Maybe it increases the "stability" of the backup even for Wiikey owners. If so, I will do this with the NTSC-U release.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember when the first reports of the game not working came in I said it probably needs a specific set layerbreak like with 360 games

how do people figure out what the layerbreak is? is there a technique? Like how did the first 360 rippers figure out 1913760?
I wonder if the next release(us dump) will come with a .dvd file.

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
This is teh sex.I burned this a couple hours ago and everything works.I have yet to have a green error in any mode.I can't wait to play m0ar sub mode tomorrow.This will probably fix all those problems people have been having on other modchips too.

DrQuack02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried this method out on a Cyclowiz, but no luck.

However its probably because of my console. It just gives some nasty clicking noises and eventually gives up...

I might open it up to clean it....not touching my POT....I'd rather pay $50 not to run my laser down...

Now...where is that stupid tri-wing screw driver
wink2.gif

The Dementor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All worked for me, first copy I burnt I then passed the white intro screen problem but then got white screen green writing. So then tried different brand of DL disc and now all works fine. With the exception of a few issues with 50hz and loosing parts of the screen, but dosen't spoil the game, just have to figure out what the hell I'm doing now.

SinR

The Terribad Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
so far ive had ONE error, was in training mode with Kirby, and 3 Pokemon Trainers, swallowed a Squirtle, didnt get the "hat" but was still able to charge up water gun, went to "shoot" it and my Wii froze up... other than that ive had zero problems, as I said, burned on HP Media, 2.4x speed, in Imgburn.

im definetly glad i preordered my copy of brawl when its released in US. despite the modded Wii, i owe Nintendo enough to actually BUY SSBB. game is fucking awesome.

hackeruk

Trophies
XP
Country
so far ive had ONE error, was in training mode with Kirby, and 3 Pokemon Trainers, swallowed a Squirtle, didnt get the "hat" but was still able to charge up water gun, went to "shoot" it and my Wii froze up... other than that ive had zero problems, as I said, burned on HP Media, 2.4x speed, in Imgburn.

im definetly glad i preordered my copy of brawl when its released in US. despite the modded Wii, i owe Nintendo enough to actually BUY SSBB. game is fucking awesome.

i had this prob but when you put it in 60hz mode it doesnt freeze at all with them moves hope this helps

coolbgdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried this method and it worked flawlessly.
Wiinja Update 4
Memorex DVD+R DL burned at 4x on a Asus DRW 1612bl dvd burner.
It worked right away. Sometimes I might get a white screen with green text when booting but it goes away but just ejecting and reinserting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself