GCN Smash Bros Melee 20XX Training Pack: Are the CPU supposed to be like human players or perfect robot?

Owl Whiskey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get into competitive Melee so I installed the 20XX training pack. When I fought a CPU Fox I noticed it was COMPLETELY DESTROYING me 3/5 matches I played. (Ex: wave shining me across the stage, multishine me off the stage, then doing that fire fox ledge guard. Or having an L-Cancel rate of literally 100%)

The other characters "playstyle" seemed pretty close to what a human would do, but Fox seems just ridiculous.

My question is: Was the CPU of Fox (and probably falco) made to be amazing almost perfect CPUs, or is the average good Fox player THAT good?

P.S. please don't spam "git gud" or the like, this is a serious question. I'm OK at Melee but I don't think my skill level has anything to do with it. :D

Last edited by Owl Whiskey,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get into competitive Melee so I installed the 20XX training pack. When I fought a CPU Fox I noticed it was COMPLETELY DESTROYING me 3/5 matches I played. (Ex: wave shining me across the stage, multishine me off the stage, then doing that fire fox ledge guard. Or having an L-Cancel rate of literally 100%)

The other characters "playstyle" seemed pretty close to what a human would do, but Fox seems just ridiculous.

My question is: Was the CPU of Fox (and probably falco) made to be amazing almost perfect CPUs, or is the average good Fox player THAT good?

P.S. please don't spam "git gud" or the like, this is a serious question. I'm OK at Melee but I don't think my skill level has anything to do with it. :D
At this point in the games life i'd like to say "that good". Good luck trying to get into meele though. Getting into meele at this point is like trying to get into marvel vs capcom 2, you are a decade too late.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn