Homebrew Smash Bros freezes the system when I press the home button ( Menuhax )

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, today I popped in my Smash cartridge so I could play a bit, but when I pressed the home button to leave the game, the system just froze. Couldn't do anything, I held the power button for a while and it gave me the message saying the application was closed and from there I went to the home menu normally.

I tried switching the custom theme I was using to a basic theme on menuhax manager but still nothing.

This probably also happens with Monster Hunter 4 because it also has to restart the system in order to be closed, and I'm also getting that game sooo...

Yeah, this isn't a big problem, it's just very annoying and I wonder if anyone has a fix.

Pacheko17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The fix would be to downgrade your 3DS, install CFW and run the game from emuNAND. Sadly this is a known issue with menuhax.

Hahahahaha, another one of those guys.
Nop, I'm not downgrading, sorry.

But boy, that's bad :/ I'll just install all possible USA legit cias and then go to 10.4 and take a break from homebrew there.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Brick risk, small, but it's there. My 3DS was very expensive and money is something I lack ( Even for a hardmod ).
I'm not dumb enough to brick it but heck, I don't have the courage.
Well, it's now or never, if you update to 10.4 you may never get another chance. Consider how much money you'll be saving by not having to buy games and you'll see that it's worth it :P

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Brick risk, small, but it's there. My 3DS was very expensive and money is something I lack ( Even for a hardmod ).
I'm not dumb enough to brick it but heck, I don't have the courage.
A small brick risk is involved when installing legit CIAs too. It updates the ticket.db and if something happens at that time, then you have got a brick. If you really don't want to downgrade, then just, please, at least stay on 10.3. With HANS, you can access eShop.

Pacheko17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A small brick risk is involved when installing legit CIAs too. It updates the ticket.db and if something happens at that time, then you have got a brick. If you really don't want to downgrade, then just, please, at least stay on 10.3. With HANS, you can access eShop.

Too late :P
And yeah, I know about that brick risk, but it's way smaller.

I don't really care about homebrew anymore, I was not even planning on jumping in the homebrew train so soon, I was going to do it just like I did with my Wii. I waited till it died and then homebrew'ed the shit out of it. I only went this soon on the 3DS because I just wanted to see what was possible now and well, the hype.

Don't worry about me, I'll be fine on 10.4 playing Smash with my friend for a loooong time.
I'll come back though.

Reactions: SomeGamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.