Gaming Smash Bros for DS!

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Well I'm sure that Nintendo sees the potential in this game, given the huge fanbase of both Smash fans and DS fans combined. Therefore I see this petition as redundant. There must be some other factor involved stopping them from developing a Smash Bros. DS, if they really aren't developing it, and a petition probably won't make them change their minds.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
99.9 % of online petitions don't "work."
Wait until it comes out for Wii, and don't waste your time on this
wink.gif

WhyKlef

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well at first I would believe that since Sakurai was busy making one for the Wii they kept it as an eventual project for DS but now is the time to let them know that we would want one! Maybe you think it wouldnt happen but with this attitude you could be right... Signing will take 30secs to a min.. Please do take that time to sign if you'd like a Smash game on the go!!

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I'm sure that Nintendo sees the potential in this game, given the huge fanbase of both Smash fans and DS fans combined. Therefore I see this petition as redundant. There must be some other factor involved stopping them from developing a Smash Bros. DS, if they really aren't developing it, and a petition probably won't make them change their minds.

I agree. They would've have made it already if they thought it was a good idea. Also, I don't wanna hear all the complaints about it not being as good as the [insert SSB version], debates and other things.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, I read the first part of your petition, why on earth would they use sprites? All smash bros games have always used 3D models, and since the DS can handle 3D models quite well, I would think that a smash bros on the DS would use 3D models as well.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Um, I read the first part of your petition, why on earth would they use sprites? All smash bros games have always used 3D models, and since the DS can handle 3D models quite well, I would think that a smash bros on the DS would use 3D models as well.

Well sprites have better hit detection instead of using collision detection [cause sprites use Hit Boxes]. It would reduce lag through wifi -- games like this definitely need wifi.

A

Azngamer15

itd probably be faster to make smash bros DS on ur own. itd be good if it were something like jump ultimate stars in terms of formatting, cept well, more close to smash bros gameplay of course.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hm, thought smash bros would be good on the ds.. im not sure theyll do it, which i dont see why they wont, i mean honestly theyd make a lot of money off it

Sure they would make money out of it, and proposals might have happened already. But they wouldn't start making the game haphazardly just because the idea is good. Which is why I think this petition is definitely not going to work, Nintendo wouldn't want such a big release title to be done on a whim. So many months of game design and proposals will happen before they even announce the game internally. Even then, they still won't have announced the game till they have a solid working alpha to do a tech demo.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Um, I read the first part of your petition, why on earth would they use sprites?  All smash bros games have always used 3D models, and since the DS can handle 3D models quite well, I would think that a smash bros on the DS would use 3D models as well.

Well sprites have better hit detection instead of using collision detection [cause sprites use Hit Boxes]. It would reduce lag through wifi -- games like this definitely need wifi.

3D models can work exactly the same as sprites... except they're 3D :/
I mean SSB is a 2D game anyway, even if it's rendered in 3D.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Um, I read the first part of your petition, why on earth would they use sprites? All smash bros games have always used 3D models, and since the DS can handle 3D models quite well, I would think that a smash bros on the DS would use 3D models as well.

3D models can work exactly the same as sprites... except they're 3D :/
I mean SSB is a 2D game anyway, even if it's rendered in 3D.

No, you only use Hitboxes on 3d models if you're aiming something without a physical body to it(See: FPS). In this case, it'll be two 3d models so using Collision would be better. But then programming the netcode will be much harder, and absolutely annoying on the consumer end for wifi. It'll work seamlessly on singleplayer and maybe local.

Well, we'll see, I haven't programmed for a big company for a long time, maybe the technology has changed there.

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd hate to rain on your parade but in an IGN Interview with Sakurai, he states that he doesn't like to downgrade his projects. This explains why Smash Bros. comes once a system and why we will never get a handheld version...

Well, Maybe but it will never be directed or Sakurai endorsed...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: dog noodles. mmmmmm.