Hacking Smash Bros. For 3DS couldn't access the SD card

NoSnake221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was able to play Super Smash Bros. For 3DS all fine, but today I tried installing the 1.1.7 update for the game and now it won't load. Upon opening, it says that it couldn't access the SD card. Also, before updating, the save file showed properly on system settings, but right now it shows as a gray question mark with a size of 0 blocks and it can't be deleted. I am running Luma3DS. Pls help :(

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i have an idea, try uninstalling smash and deleting the save file by there, cause when u uninstall a game it deletes ur save file.
Also, if you have GM9, make a cia backup to install it again.

NoSnake221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, it is deleted. Although the gray question mark is still appearing. I'd rather redownload the cia, so I will do that, and try again.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't delete the update title labelled as "?" from the Data Management as that has a high chance of corrupting the 3DS database.

Keep a set copy of the SD card's title.db and import.db before doing the following.
  1. FBI → Titles → Super Smash Bros. (CTR-U-AXCE) -or- 0004000E000EDF00 → Delete Title And Ticket.
    • You need to delete the fake ticket if you installed a pirated copy of the update.
  2. Download a legit copy of the game's update from Nintendo eShop or HOME Menu.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: NoSnake221

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't delete the update title labelled as "?" from the Data Management as that has a high chance of corrupting the 3DS database.

Keep a set copy of the SD card's title.db and import.db before doing the following.
  1. FBI → Titles → Super Smash Bros. (CTR-U-AXCE) -or- 0004000E000EDF00 → Delete Title And Ticket.
    • You need to delete the fake ticket if you installed a pirated copy of the update.
what if his smash is eur or jap tho

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

smash cant be updated if u pirated the game

NoSnake221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nah, np. It's USA. But where can I find the title.db and import.db files?

And yes. I believe if I enter the eshop for updating the game, I'll get banned

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if his smash is eur or jap tho
Then he finds the EUR or JPN regional version of the Super Smash Bros update.

I already talked to him before. He's from Venezuela despite the Canada flag flair.

smash cant be updated if u pirated the game
This isn't true. You can have a pirated copy of the game title. The update title is separate from the game title.

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nah, np. It's USA. But where can I find the title.db and import.db files?

And yes. I believe if I enter the eshop for updating the game, I'll get banned
thats not the problem, it simply doesnt let u update smash, and ONLY smash.

NoSnake221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then he finds the EUR or JPN regional version of the Super Smash Bros update.

I already talked to him before. He's from Venezuela despite the Canada flag flair.
Ye

Alright, but then, can I just update the game from the home menu without getting banned? And where can I find the title.db and import.db on the SD card?

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
what?
Ye

Alright, but then, can I just update the game from the home menu without getting banned? And where can I find the title.db and import.db on the SD card?
you cant get banned from downloading updates from the Eshop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, but then, can I just update the game from the home menu without getting banned?
Yes. You can download the update from HOME Menu if you delete the update title's fake ticket.

And where can I find the title.db and import.db on the SD card?
Are you serious?

you cant get banned from downloading updates from the Eshop
This is also false.

Edit - Sorry I mistakenly read that as "you can get banned...".

Repeat. You can't get banned for downloading update titles from Nintendo eShop.

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Smash doesnt update via eshop, and some games dont update via eshop if u pirated it. but most games update via eshop even if u pirated it

Last edited by Stealphie,

NoSnake221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay. I'm redownloading the Cia file, for installing it again and then I will follow this post:

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I'm redownloading the Cia file, for installing it again and then I will follow this post:
Are you redownloading an official / legit copy of SSB's update title from the Nintendo CDN server (ie, eShop or title prompt from HOME Menu), or are you pirating the update CIA from a questionable warez site?? (don't directly mention where)

NoSnake221

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, I'm downloading the update and game CIA from a warez site

Although I believe I once bought Smash on the eshop, so it should be still there

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm downloading the update and game CIA from a warez site

Although I believe I once bought Smash on the eshop, so it should be still there
If you bought and downloaded Super Smash before from eShop, reinstalling a pirated copy of the game will overwrite and delete your legit ticket. Also, remember what I told you what happens to your save when you reinstall the game.

I'm going go out on a limb here that you got a crappy pirated CIA copy of the 1.1.7 update from one of those juegoes sites. You should probably look elsewhere if you can't or won't get download a personal legit copy of that update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.