Homebrew Smash Bros Custom Music HANS

CharizardMen99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Some minutes ago i see on youtube a video of hacked music in smash bros 3ds with hans,does anyone know how to replace music on smash bros with hans?

Sr. G

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
i have a question, can i update smash bros without updating the 3DS using HANS?

MegaHaxorus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you need:
Smash 3DS romfs (braindump is the best way to do this)
PackHack (download here)
A hex editor (I use HxD)
Any nus3bank file (easily obtainable from BrawlCustomMusic)

1. Extract romfs.bin from braindump using the "RomFS Extractor.exe" available in the Pack Hack. This will create a folder called "romfs_" wherever your romfs file was.

2. Navigate to "/romfs_/sound/bgm/". Here you have all the stage music from the game in the nus3bank format. Drop your custom nus3bank file here, making sure that it has the same filename as the song you are replacing.

3. After you have replaced any songs you want, run "RomFS Builder.exe" from the Pack Hack and pointing it at your "romfs_" folder. It will ask to export a file. Name this file "[last 8 digits of gameid].romfs". Smash 3DS is "000edf00.romfs".

4. Now that you have a new romfs, load this file into your hex editor and delete the header. In HxD, press ctrl+e and in the end-offset box, type FFF. Then press the delete key on your keyboard. Press okay to confirm the deletion.

5. Now place your *.romfs file into "/hans/" on the root of your 3ds sd card. If you have followed all the instructions, Smash 3DS should load the custom music on the respective stages.

Haven't worked out getting updates to work, but I'm willing to bet that putting the update data in the romfs will work. Haven't had the time today to test anything. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me. This was a quick guide, so I apologize for any mistakes.

Inorizushi

*yawn*
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone test getting romhacks working on n3ds?

I used a slightly different method than above but it should work.
While testing on o3ds, You're able to listen to the custom music via sound test but the game locks up when character select is loaded.

I've theorized that something happens between hans and smash going into exclusive mode so maybe the n3ds won't have problems it doesn't require exclusive mode due to more processing power.
I'd test using my own n3ds but it's homebrewless since oothax isn't working on 2.5

Last edited by Inorizushi,

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 questions: since I have an O3ds, but i am on rxtools cfw, could I run a romfs as a .cia file? or would I have to edit the .cia file itself? if so, how would I go about doing that? if not, is there any way to get custom music on smash like that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: