Hardware Smash bros brawl which modchip should I buy?

sandrea01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello people, I know this forum is flooded with this kind of question, but after searching a lot I haven't found an answer that fully ease my doubts... Here it goes.

I recently bought a Wii and I would like to install a modchip on it, but I have read throughout this forum only to found that most modchips have trouble with smash bros brawl and mario galaxy and you know these games are the ones that wii is worth owning. Anyway I would like to know if there is a modchip that will allow me to play FLAWLESSLY games like smash bros brawl (dvd9 version), mario galaxy, metal gear twin snakes (gc), no more heroes, wario land, metroid prime corruption, etc.

Please help with this little doubt so I can be sure on what modchip should I install...

Thanks in advance.

BTW: System version is 3.4U (bought two weeks ago from amazon)

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my WiiKey v1 actually improved my Wii's ability to read my retail disc of smash brawl. Before, I would have to eject and reload the game constantly to get the game to read, once I installed my chip, it would read the game everytime, the first time.

sandrea01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Charmandersrule said:
Why do you want a modchip? What benefits do they give you that soft modding doesn't?

The thing about soft modding is that most games doesn't run very well, due to the fact that the run at 3x instead of 6x thus games like wario land have the sound on cinematics messed up and... I had a wii which I soft modded myself and got bricked after a while...

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, some people just want to install a modchip just because it can read at 6x rather than 3x. You can't blame those kinds of people for their choices, anyway I hear that the Wasabi brand is rather good.

sandrea01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
maduin said:
my WiiKey v1 actually improved my Wii's ability to read my retail disc of smash brawl. Before, I would have to eject and reload the game constantly to get the game to read, once I installed my chip, it would read the game everytime, the first time.

So, installing a Wiikey 2 will allow e to play Smash bros brawl dvd9 flawlessly and I mean a backup?

sandrea01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Charmandersrule said:
So basicly modchips are for impatient people, noobs, and morons

Man, you know if I want to play a backup I would like to play the game without hiccups and soft-modding won't give me that... From what I experienced...

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, I've forgotten about the Wiikey 2. That's a good choice as well. I softmodded my Wii myself and it works without faults. I wonder what you could have done to brick it.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I installed a modchip long before softmod was available (I have a Wiikey v1), and I like being able to load backups and using the Disc Channel instead of a Backup Launcher. Works perfect with SSBB and SMG backups.

I'm not a fan of having ISOs on an external and playing off USB.

sandrea01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Jaems said:
I installed a modchip long before softmod was available (I have a Wiikey v1), and I like being able to load backups and using the Disc Channel instead of a Backup Launcher. Works perfect with SSBB and SMG backups.

I'm not a fan of having ISOs on an external and playing off USB.

SSBB dvd9 with all the videos and stuff? And without hiccups?

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
I would say any modchip is a good choice. I would suggest a drivekey or wiikey as they are quite well know. Both of these allow disks just to be popped in and played easily. Also, if you are using a modchip, dont worry about updates as they are designed to kill softmodded wii's not modchipped ones.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer to use the USB Loader GX, games just run quicker and in House of the Dead: Overkill case (which is even screwy on the retail release) it runs some games smoother.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hands free vr