Hacking Smash Bros Brawl Stage Builder Exploit Hack?

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what I'm trying to do is install Brawl+ onto my friend's wii. The problem is that he doesn't want to hack it or install anything "illegal" that may brick his wii in the future. Is there a method that allows me to run B+ without installing anything (including the homebrew channel)?

Does the Stage Builder Exploit hack work for this purpose?

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok yeah, I'm placing the 1.9.3 GeckoOS boot.elf file on my root so that when I press on the Stage Builder, it'll automatically load to the GeckoOS. The problem now is that the GeckoOS is unable to load all 1441 lines of code...
How do I bypass that?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I was supposed to have a gameconfig.txt on the root of the SD card...

john.jingle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jebus Christ, more errors after the other...

Anyways, I figured out the "too many lines" problem... But now the game freezes whenever I pick a stage. I know the problem lies with the Smash Stack custom stage file that is needed to load the boot.elf file and that by simply removing it from the SD card, the game will not freeze when picking a stage... However, this will prove to be too cumbersome and I was wondering if there's a way to play B+ normally without having to constantly ejecting the SD card, deleting the stage file, reinserting the SD card whenever we want to play?

EDIT: You know what, forget all of that for a sec. Can Smash Stack brick the wii or does it save any files onto the Wii's internal flash? Cause right now, I've tested this on my friend's wii once and it worked fine but then later one, when they were playing with regular brawl, it got messed up and now the wii won't turn on. Actually, it does turn on but only if you unplug it for an extended amount of time but you can only play for maybe 3 minutes tops.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty most of us just at least install the homebrew channel, it's easy to remove with anytitledeleter if you ever need to wipe the traces to send it to nintendo if you ever in the odd chance have hardware issues. If your wii is ever so trashed you can't boot it, nintendo won't be able to either and won't know what's installed on it.

Your friend needs to either calm down and deal with it or play everything vanilla the way Nintendo wants him to.

It's really not as complicated as you and your friend are making it, I'm personally impressed you're even tolerating whining from your friend like that, if he's going to be a pain in the ass to hell with him let him figure it out on his own and you can enjoy homebrew and enhancements.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
john.jingle said:
The problem is that he doesn't want to hack it or install anything "illegal" that may brick his wii in the future.
All you'd need is the HBC and installing that is not illegal (and it has NEVER bricked any wii).
Just saying...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo