ROM Hack Smash 3DS with custom music freezes

undertaletrash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So i start up smash bros with custom music, go to solo mode, then it freezes, why does it do that? Just loading different music shoud not be a problem.

I have an old EU 3DS XL (smash bros bundle).

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So i start up smash bros with custom music, go to solo mode, then it freezes, why does it do that? Just loading different music shoud not be a problem.

I have an old EU 3DS XL (smash bros bundle).
Corrupted files or you might have accidentally messed with a file associated with SOLO mode.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
the website i followed said it was caused by "ram issues" and that's just idiotic
i mean
how does a song cause ram issues?
i can play them in the soundtest, so why not in matches?
Because you're simply playing a "MP3 file" (Not really, but, you're playing a sound file. ) However, there's a lot more stuff in the background of the RAM while entering a game mode. So, I'm not entirely sure what issue you're facing, but playing around with ROMs isn't a good idea... Why can't you play Smash with the music off, and play music you like, say, off your phone/PC/device of choice?

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you're simply playing a "MP3 file" (Not really, but, you're playing a sound file. ) However, there's a lot more stuff in the background of the RAM while entering a game mode. So, I'm not entirely sure what issue you're facing, but playing around with ROMs isn't a good idea... Why can't you play Smash with the music off, and play music you like, say, off your phone/PC/device of choice?
Because it's a lot cooler to have custom music in the actual game. There's nothing wrong with messing around with the rom as long as you follow tutorials.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Because it's a lot cooler to have custom music in the actual game. There's nothing wrong with messing around with the rom as long as you follow tutorials.
Musics not my thing. I don't know a lot of it. So, if it's cooler, do it. But things like this happen all the time with ROM files being altered.

TehVillylol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have dlc?
If you are using hans it wont load the update data and will corrupt at char loading screen.
Idk what version you are on. But im on 1.0.1 and cant load the screen since there wasnt a dlc on that version.
You could try removing dlc at system management ~ DLC.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know about this. It has nothing to do with Rom hacks. Sm4sh requires 90mb of ram to run. Hans has access to 80. On n3ds this isn't An issue because hans has access to more ram, but o3ds does not. Sadly sm4sh isnt compatible with hans o3ds, along with those other 3ds games with high ram issues such as mh4u.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended