ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisco Villa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What mods are you using?
Models for Charizard, Duck Hunt, Ganon, Greninja, Kirby, Lucario, Luigi, Mario, Mewtwo and Sonic; BGM for menus and a ton of stages; voices for Bayonetta, Bowser, Diddy (made by me), Dr. Mario, Donkey, Falco, Fox, Ganon, Greninja, Jigglypuff, Kamui, Link, Lucina, Mewtwo, Palutena, Robin, Rosalina, Ryu, Samus and Sonic; some CSS changes and the ice version of omega Mushroomy Kingdom. They're quite a lot I know, but they were working just fine until I updated Luma3DS

Last edited by Francisco Villa,

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks a ton! It feels a lot more natural now.
Sorry I can't help with your Ohana error. I'm not sure what could fix that error.

I've updated the CSS with the new Mii icon. Once again, thanks a lot.
*ahem*
I dont believe its possible using hex editing... Maybe just a ton more complex but yeah, here's the third version with ROB fixed and ill probably start working on the version for every alternate today, but it may not be ready for a while considering there are around 472 alts in the game by some quick math
EDIT: didnt add the file XD

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate how all the swan lesson rips are quiet af, I try amplifying it but because it's so soft originally, amplifying it to the needed sound level makes it have a bunch of static ;-;

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I completely forgot that you had already done this. I had thought that somebody might have done it, but after looking for about 20 pages back and searching for it in the thread, I didn't find it. My apologies.
Its no problem man, don't worry about it. My mod doesn't do anything about the triple Mii icon, and was largely unfinished.

Reactions: Flystar

Unix Man

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
It knows if they are working for better customization of buttons?

I find it bad that I cannot have two grab buttons.

@shinyquagsire23 You will release this soon?

What do you need? How can I help you?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poked around with lm files a little. First thing I really understood was found in chara_up.bin Face_xx determines the order of the first page of css. This allows us to move characters around the page without large modifications (also, less work for converting CSS Editor.py to work on 3ds). I have tried using a face_xx which would link to a dlc character, but it only puts a white, unselectable box in that slot. The next relevant thing that could be easily manipulated was CursorColorx and CoinColorx. These follow RGB, but you have to do some minor changes depending on how many bytes you will have in the final color. A better way to explain it will be in the spoiler below.

CoinColor1 is what determines the p1 coin. They are similar colors for some reason in the file. I made this image early on in testing. Note: I tried using 0,0,0 but the game crashed (might have changed the wrong thing in xxx0 though)
ww8L4Jw.png

ptlpp

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm making a korean patch of sm4sh 3ds, but I can't find
'Gothic_00000001.tex (A408B77B/5.bin) - W: 1024 H: 1024 - Size: 00100080' file. I just place it on data/ui/font/lumen/out_game/Gothic, but it doesn't work
any help?
sorry for my bad English ;(

Xero-Miku

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
could anyone help me? i started to use this guide to meke my own skins and i made a white greninja and works but i have to wait like 10 minutes for every loading moment, i tried to use the cachegen.py but it appears an error and i tried to use a saltysd 1.1.6 but appears to have the same waiting time... i dont know what else i have to do
Sin título.png
Sin título.png

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update on lms. I still haven't figured out what determines the blocks, but I have determined some structure to them.
These are all approximations to their actual offsets.
If you plan on editing these, I highly recommend that you copy the block and paste it in a new file, make the edits, then paste it back into the lm. Things are much cleaner
Code:
btn_01: 0x0505 - 0x0805 (smash)
btn_02: 0x095E - 0x0C58 (online?)
btn_03: 0x0D33 - 0x1034 (Challenge?)
btn_04: 0x103C - 0x1346 (Smash run?)
btn_05: 0x134E - 0x1665 (Games & More?)
btn_06: 0x1679 - 0x1980 (Wii U?)
btn_07: 0x1984 - 0x1C90 (Streetpass)
Example of frame one taken from btn_01
Code:
01 E4 00 03 00 F6 00 00 01 8A 00 00 00 F6 00 00
Colors seem to be somewhat random. The only colors I could produce were solid colors that could only be produced from having FF in hex (even when there was no F found in the block)
0x05 and 0x0D both deal with transparency of the frame.

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anybody wants to try using the shinyquagsire's Experimental hitbox display download this python script I made. Copy the contents to the place you normally compile saltysd and just run "make" like normal. 100% of the credit for this goes to shinyquagsire for stepping me through the process and also developing it.
EDIT: This may be USA only, but other regions are welcome to try. If you do try could you post your result. Remember this is "Experimental" so dont complain about bugs.

Attachments

• Hitbox.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 202
Last edited by Cydget,
Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr