Hacking Small Problem PLEASE Help!!

SSSMOKN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am updating the softmodding that I have done to me brother's Wii. It is on 3.2U. It has HBC and all that stuff on it already. I just installed cIOS rev10. I am trying to put Bootmii on and I have ran into a snag. I ran the installer and updated the HBC to the very newest version( I am using the beta2 Hackmii), and installed DVDX. I checked the bootmii to see how it would let me install and was going to go ahead and install as boot2, but realized that I want to put something else on first because it was going to format my card. I was still in the menu that gave me the option to not install bootmii, so I took it, to return to the HBC menu. All it did was give me a black screen. I sat and waited a little while and nothing happened, so I turned off and turned it back on. The system menu came back on. I tried opening the HBC, and again nothing but a black screen TWICE NOW!! It will not open the HBC. What should I do? Do I need to use Bannerbomb, and try to install an older HBC wad over the new one? This is a first for me and I am just hoping for some help here..... Thank you.

SSSMOKN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think that will work though? I just put the new HBC on and that caused it. Should I do beta1 maybe?

SSSMOKN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just reinstalled everything from the beta2 Hackmii, and it still does not like the new HBC. Does anyone know where I can get an older version? Like say from beta1 or even the version before that. If I could get a wad of it that would be best( PM me) Thanks

SSSMOKN

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW, just about had a heartattack. It installed the older version of the HBC, and then wanted to autoboot to the game disc that was in it. I took the game out and then it was stuck with a black screen with the firmware version in the bottom corner. I think that was from Starfall? I turned it off and then back on and Bootmii came on! WHEW! I then proceeded to do the NAND copy before I did anything else. LOL. The HBC works now too. I just don't know if I should try to update it again now or not. Thanks alot man.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you can update from within HBC too you know. I kept getting prompted to update, lol. as long as your connected to the internet, it should ask you to update. You can try that way if the hackmii installer isn't working for you.

Than again, its not even necessary to update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn