Hardware Small defect in 3ds touch screen-should i get it replaced?

goosemontana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i preordered my 3ds and got it at midnight and have been playing it for the past 24 hours but there is a tiny black dot on the touch screen. im pretty sure its not a dead pixel since when i move my ds around the dot moves above the display, i think its a piece of dust or dirt trapped between the touch screen and the display. the question is should i take it back and get it replaced over this small problem or just keep it and hope nothing goes wrong? nothing else seems to be wrong with it, everything ive tried so far works fine just this small problem is scaring me, i dont want my touch screen going out if its not a piece of dust

Jugarina

Trophies
Website
youngevity.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah dude take It back but make sure you totally check out the next one you get before you leave the store because you might end up getting one that is even worse.

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My dsi i had that i pre ordered from gamestop, had that exact same black dot that looks like as dead pixel at first but you see it move around a little when you view it at a different angle. Looked like a small pixel sized chunk was taken out of the lcd so I took it back and exchanged it same day, almost the same hour i got home and opened it up and saw it.

goosemontana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks for the replies does anyone know if there is a way to transfer street fighter data from my 3ds to the sd card? or do i have to loose all of my progress?

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goosemontana said:
ok thanks for the replies does anyone know if there is a way to transfer street fighter data from my 3ds to the sd card? or do i have to loose all of my progress?

Actually.. everything but your Steetpass information should be available. As the actual save progress is saved on the gamecard.

goosemontana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tigran said:
goosemontana said:

Actually.. everything but your Steetpass information should be available. As the actual save progress is saved on the gamecard.

are you sure? i took out my sd card and booted up street fighter and it still had all of my info and unlocked stuff

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goosemontana said:
Tigran said:
goosemontana said:

are you sure? i took out my sd card and booted up street fighter and it still had all of my info and unlocked stuff
It's not saved to the SD card, it's saved to the actual game cartridge.

goosemontana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uncle FEFL said:
goosemontana said:
Tigran said:
goosemontana said:

It's not saved to the SD card, it's saved to the actual game cartridge.

oh ok thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.