Small Complaint :(

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by JKR Firefox, Dec 1, 2007.

Dec 1, 2007

Small Complaint :( by JKR Firefox at 10:11 AM (1,589 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. JKR Firefox
    OP

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    Is it just me or is it insanely hard to get the micro sd card out of my new M3 Real?

I guess it's because I have no nails to speak of but shouldn't the designers of the card taken that into account when creating it? The redesigned M3 DS Simply has a wider slot so you can slide the micro sd in and out of the slot easily so why can't the M3 Real?

It's getting to be a real bitch to get the card out. Sometimes I pull it out with a knife or I become frustrated and get my gf to take it out of there for me.

If anyone else has a similar complaint, let me know. I'm interested to see how many others are having this issue. Again this is a very minor complaint. I love the card but this is just irritating the crap out of me. [​IMG]

Fitzy

2. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    On mine, I just push the card in, that activates the spring (read: spring, it is not like the new cased R4/M3DSS in that they put a spring slot in there) and the card comes out on it's own. Can't say the same for my card adapter though [​IMG]

3. Deletable_Man

Member Deletable_Man Old Man

United States
    Easy spring loaded removal for me.

4. ZeminkoX

Member ZeminkoX GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It's hard to get out on the CycloDS Evo as well. Just get someone with nails to give it a good tug. [​IMG]

5. JKR Firefox
    OP

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    But my M3 Real doesn't have a spring. I don't think any of them do?

Can anyone confirm if there is a newer batch of M3 Real's that have the spring? I bought it as soon as it was released and mine definately does not have a spring in it.

Edit: Actually are you even referring to the M3 Real or another brand of flash card?

Fitzy

6. c2ironfist

Member c2ironfist GBAtemp Fan

Canada

there are videos online with spring of the M3 Real

7. jaygee

Newcomer jaygee Member

United States
    my m3 real is spring loaded

8. JKR Firefox
    OP

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    For real? I even asked the seller of the card if that was the way the cards were being manufactured and they replied and said that was the case for now.

I would have at least expected they would be similar to the redesigned R4/M3 DS Simply cards floating about. If that is the case and there are M3 Real's around with spring loaded slots, I'm going to send mine back and get a new one. I can't wait for my GF to come over everytime I want to put new games on my DS.

Fitzy

9. cory1492

Canada
    Maybe you broke yours pulling the card straight out all the time, or perhaps your spring is just jammed? I know when I first got it and put the TF card in, the spring was very stiff for the first couple goes. I tried pulling the card straight out and it kinda acts like there is no spring, but there definitely is one in there and pulling the card didn't break it (though indeed, the card was very tough to get out).

Shine a light in the TF slot and look towards the side that the TF ridges/latch would mate with, you should see a couple tabs there which would be for the spring. If you have a decent light you should even be able to see a spring right up towards the contacts behind the tab part (and it is supposed to latch onto the card to make it hard to remove/fall out where springless ones usually rely on friction to keep the card in place.)

10. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    My M3 Real is spring-loaded...

- Sam

11. Drackel

Newcomer Drackel Member

United States
    Same here, my new M3 Real has a spring, and just a side note, slides easly out of my Pink DS, but on the White DS it was a tight fit.

12. JKR Firefox
    OP

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    Wow. I am the biggest moron ever.

After all this time complaining about the lack of a spring in my M3 Real, I've discovered that, lo and behold, pressing down on the Micro SD makes it pop out. Therefore confirming there is a spring built into my flash card. Amazing. Doesn't make me feel very good about the competency of my seller tho. They were completely adamant about there being no spring in the card at all. Oh well.

Well, it's safe to say this topic is closed.

13. cory1492

Canada
    Honestly, I even recall someone saying in one of the early "M3R coming soon" announcements that the card wasn't designed like the R4/M3DSS and thus they would be shipping with a spring-loaded slot.
    [​IMG]
    I always think it's worth laughing when I give accurate, quality, detailed information only to be backed up by others and still find the person asking for it not bothering to try and believe it (laughing provided it isn't a life or death situation, at any rate) until it smacks them over the head.

14. JKR Firefox
    OP

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    I believed that you had a spring in your card but the way I was pressing down on the card lead me to believe that there was none in mine. I was pressing down on the card and the micro sd card at the same time when in reality I was supposed to press on the micro sd only. I'm a saaaaaaad panda.

Bah, everyone is allowed a brain fart once in a while. Here's to hoping I don't have another anytime soon.

- Fitzy

15. |)anté

Newcomer |)anté Member

Canada
    wow dude, i thought i didn't have a spring either rofl....