Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you leave without compiling, I don't think it saves. You can probably just load the configuration to get it back, though.

nhb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, since Sm4shexplorer blanks the voice menu in the sound test when you use Sm4shmusic, is there any way to manually go in and undo that? I've tried poking around in the edited sound.msbt file but nothing seems blanked in there.

Yummy Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Label: Softlock
Sm4shexplorer Version : 0.06.3 - 0.07.1
Game version: USA
Language: English
Environment setting: Full dump + patch
Description: Whenever I add a new texture mod ( c08, c09, etc.) or even when i just copy a previous model (c01, c02) the game freezes at startup, so i'm stuck staring at "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U" for hours
Did it ever work at all: Yeah, definitely, I've added plenty of mods, now adding just one crashes the game
Screens: Sorry, I don't know what to show you, I don't even know why this isn't working
Logs: I uploaded the full log, but I think that the problem might've been caused when i downloaded a strange file that was difficult to delete that kept on crashing sm4shexplorer the part of the logs say things like this:

7/7/2016 2:56:50 PM ERROR: Error while deleting 'C:\Users\aniberta\Downloads\Sm4sh Modding Pack\Sm4shExplorer\workspace\content\patch\data\ui\replace\chr\chr_11\chr_11_Sonic_09.nut': Access to the path 'C:\Users\aniberta\Downloads\Sm4sh Modding Pack\Sm4shExplorer\workspace\content\patch\data\ui\replace\chr\chr_11\chr_11_Sonic_09.nut' is denied.
7/7/2016 2:58:45 PM ERROR: Can't find file 'data/ui/replace/chr/chr_11/chr_11_Sonic_11.nut' in resource data

P.S. I've been stuck on this for days, and I am literally going insane, PLEASE, somebody, anybody, if you can help me, please do, I don't know how much longer i can take of this.

Attachments

• logs.txt
    732.2 KB · Views: 229
Last edited by Yummy Yoshi,

mememan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to build my mod I get this error message
"Error while building mod: no access to memory location"

What is this and how do I fix it?

MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
I've posted before but no one seems to know, what would cause long loading times for CSS portraits? Practically every character sees a 10-15 second wait before their CSPs load, after the CSS shows up.

I have roughly 160 costumes added, all with custom CSPs. As far as I can tell, none of them are larger than any others in terms of file size, so I'm kind of at a loss. It doesn't seem that the files are packing in Sm4shExplorer either, so all of the chr and fighter folders aren't compressed... What gives?

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think maybe it's just a slow SD card or SD reader on the Wii U? There's no reason it should be 10-15 seconds. Occasionally I see a 1-2 second delay (even on in-game options!), but nothing that large.

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Do you think maybe it's just a slow SD card or SD reader on the Wii U? There's no reason it should be 10-15 seconds. Occasionally I see a 1-2 second delay (even on in-game options!), but nothing that large.
Nah, because it was running fine for a while. It was at SOME point during the modding process it started getting slow, but I can't pinpoint where I fucked up. It's a class 10 SD card too... So that shouldn't be the issue...

Daytin13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting these errors, and I cant use the sm4shmusic plugin
upload_2016-7-9_2-4-55.png
(this is when booting sm4shexplorer)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I also keep getting errors when exporting

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting these errors, and I cant use the sm4shmusic plugin View attachment 55647(this is when booting sm4shexplorer)

It might be one of a few things:
  • You're using a dump for a different region than one you're supposed to.
  • Your config is wrong
  • Your dump is bad

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 9.23.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 9.23.46 AM.png
    13 KB · Views: 203

Yummy Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Label: Softlock
Sm4shexplorer Version : 0.06.3 - 0.07.1
Game version: USA
Language: English
Environment setting: Full dump + patch
Description: Whenever I add a new texture mod ( c08, c09, etc.) or even when i just copy a previous model (c01, c02) the game freezes at startup, so i'm stuck staring at "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U" for hours
Did it ever work at all: Yeah, definitely, I've added plenty of mods, now adding just one crashes the game
Screens: Sorry, I don't know what to show you, I don't even know why this isn't working
Logs: I uploaded the full log, but I think that the problem might've been caused when i downloaded a strange file that was difficult to delete that kept on crashing sm4shexplorer the part of the logs say things like this:

7/7/2016 2:56:50 PM ERROR: Error while deleting 'C:\Users\aniberta\Downloads\Sm4sh Modding Pack\Sm4shExplorer\workspace\content\patch\data\ui\replace\chr\chr_11\chr_11_Sonic_09.nut': Access to the path 'C:\Users\aniberta\Downloads\Sm4sh Modding Pack\Sm4shExplorer\workspace\content\patch\data\ui\replace\chr\chr_11\chr_11_Sonic_09.nut' is denied.
7/7/2016 2:58:45 PM ERROR: Can't find file 'data/ui/replace/chr/chr_11/chr_11_Sonic_11.nut' in resource data

P.S. I've been stuck on this for days, and I am literally going insane, PLEASE, somebody, anybody, if you can help me, please do, I don't know how much longer i can take of this.

HEY, can someone help me out here?

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting these errors, and I cant use the sm4shmusic plugin View attachment 55647(this is when booting sm4shexplorer)

I know that the bottom one means that you're missing the MSBT Editor. Get it here: https://github.com/IcySon55/3DLandM...wnload/v0.9.0/MSBT.Editor.Reloaded.v0.9.0.rar
For the very last one, are you sure you have the latest patch for Smash?

Last edited by Segtendo,

Daytin13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be one of a few things:
  • You're using a dump for a different region than one you're supposed to.
  • Your config is wrong
  • Your dump is bad

Im SURE im using the same region
could you please elaborate?
how can you tell if your dumb is bad, im currently using v.0.0.4 and its working fine

I know that the bottom one means that you're missing the MSBT Editor. Get it here: https://github.com/IcySon55/3DLandM...wnload/v0.9.0/MSBT.Editor.Reloaded.v0.9.0.rar
For the very last one, are you sure you have the latest patch for Smash?

I just dumped my game last week, and I do have MSBT editor, just in a different location

Last edited by Daytin13,

Daytin13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, I solved it, I made a whole new folder instead of replacing my existing ones, just transferring everything from the workspace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: