1. SuperMarioDaBom

SuperMarioDaBom Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sounds like it got corrupted somehow. Deleting it should fix it, though you would have to re-do all the changes that you had made to it.

I would offer to try and repair it, but I currently don't have a dump of Sm4sh on my hard drive - had to get it replaced as it was failing, and I lost all of my data.

Try opening it with this and let me know what happens.

Unless there is some Sm4sh save editor floating around out there, you might have to delete the entire save and start from scratch.

You're using the "Send to SD" function, correct? Try manually copy-pasting the compiled folder to your sd card instead. I've never had that happen to me before, so this is my best guess of a way around it.

How strange. At least you figured it out! If the issue is still present in the github version, you might want to submit an issue for that. That's a rather large problem imo. :)

Jessica1987 likes this.
  2. Trebolt

Trebolt Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This is what I'm given when using the MSBT editor. I also tried deleting the sound.msbt, but when the new one was generated, it presented the same issue as before.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Trebolt, Jan 9, 2017
  3. SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer

United States
    How odd. Can you send it to me? I can take a look at it real quick to see if I notice anything wrong. Also, did you delete the correct file? Its the one in the workspace folder.

4. Trebolt

Trebolt Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    EDIT: Deleting the one located in the workspace folder fixed the problem. Thanks a bunch!
    Oooh, I didn't delete that one, I deleted the one in the temp folder.
    Here's the file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqum7bcsy8s1nfh/sound.msbt?dl=0

Last edited by Trebolt, Jan 9, 2017
  5. SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, the one in the TEMP folder is when the application loads the files. The one in the workspace folder is the actual file. Glad that fixed it! Though just for future reference, I might take a look at it to see whats wrong. :D

EDIT: Opened it in MSBT Editor Reloaded and it worked fine. I could see the changes that had been made to it, and nothing looked out of the ordinary. :unsure: Its possible that opening it in that editor fixed it - I know that something like that was implemented into it. In the case that you want it back, here ya go. Compressed because GBATemp forums require compression for uploads.

Attached Files:

Last edited by SuperMarioDaBom, Jan 9, 2017
  6. robink93

robink93 Member
    Newcomer

made a basic nut texture manager yesterday, just needs some compatibility fixing before release :)

edit

oh crap, didn't see there was an open source gtx extractor, that's gonna be handy

Last edited by robink93, Jan 11, 2017
  7. SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer

United States
    Nice! I'll try it out once you release it and I re-dump my game! Though, I believe Smash Forge already has NUT texture editing. Does the plugin you made handle multiple textures? Some NUT textures have multiple textures in them, especially for models.

8. robink93

robink93 Member
    Newcomer

meh didn't see that one, this feels pretty useless then, especially since this project looks dead

and no, it doesn't really. nut format was super hard to reverse engineer, even with the python scripts available, and there's a texture format i can't convert

edit

[​IMG]

aha, patience wins at last!

Last edited by robink93, Jan 11, 2017
  9. gridatttack

gridatttack GBAtemp Fan

El Salvador
    By any chance one of the unknown values of the tracks in the music editor is a flag which tell which music is unlockable?

Or is there a way or a file to edit to have all the songs available from the start?

10. Shamira

Shamira Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Label: Sm4shexplorer "Error No data was found" though I can go to C:\Smash\vol and all the files are there
    Sm4shexplorer version used: 0.07.1
    Game version: 288
    Game region: USA
    Language used: English
    Environment setting: Full Dump + Patch

Description of the problem: Initially I transferred all my folders and files pertaining to modding smash from my desktop to laptop (I can mod perfectly fine on my desktop). I was very careful to install everything in the same place as is on my desktop. I opened Sm4shExplorer and got the ERROR "No data was found" I eventually redumped the whole game, re-download Sm4shExplorer, and created a new project to where my game dump was stored. Still get "ERROR No data was found".
    Did it ever work at all: On desktop Yes, laptop: No
    Screens: I'll try to post screens later
    Logs: Don't have any logs

11. SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer

United States
    Interesting. According to the code, this occurs when there are no files in the project, which you already confirmed that they do indeed exist. Post some screenshots and I might be able to help you.

12. Shamira

Shamira Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    These are the screenshots.

Attached Files:

13. SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer

United States
    I see the problem! SmashExplorer doesn't have the proper permissions to access the folder containing the files. Move the vol folder to the desktop, create a new project, and direct SmashExplorer to there.

14. Shamira

Shamira Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Nope, same error occurs.

15. SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer

United States
    Odd. Are you sure you deleted the original project? Try renaming the folder from Smash to Sm4sh or something just to be safe.

16. Shamira

Shamira Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes, literally deleted my Smash folder and started from scratch again. The Sm4sh thing didn't work.

17. Shamira

Shamira Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yes, literally deleted my Smash folder and started from scratch again. The Sm4sh thing didn't work.

18. Shamira

Shamira Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I got it! The .exe was copied to my desktop instead of the shortcut. Thanks for the help though.

19. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So is there anyway to build the mod but only have it build modified entries? I have a bunch of script folders and other files that aren't going to be touched anytime soon but the fact that it still has to rebuild them every time is time consuming and a bit annoying.

20. Flashwire

Flashwire Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Label: PM ERROR: Error extracting data/stage/end/Wily/animation/dyr_light_tenmetu_set/dyr_light_tenmetu_set.omo, error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
    Sm4shexplorer version used: v0.06.4
    Game version: 208
    Game region: USA
    Language used: English
    Environment setting: Full dump + Patch

Now for the description of the issue: That error completely stops my build entirely and doesn't allow me to contiune. Removing the resource doesn't solve the problem either. I tried deleting the sm4shmod.xml and it still comes up with the same error.
    Did it ever work at all: Yes, it worked just fine before I added a few more sounds
    Logs: PM ERROR: Error extracting data/stage/end/Wily/animation/dyr_light_tenmetu_set/dyr_light_tenmetu_set.omo, error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Sm4shExplorer,