Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Label: Sm4shExplorer is no longer recognizing the sound.mbst file in the Temp folder despite working fine before.
Sm4shexplorer version used: 0.07.1
Game version: 288
Game region: USA
Language used: English
Environment setting: This is full dump and patch.
I'm attempting to open up the Sm4shMusic plugin to change the name of some songs, but despite working previously, it now gives me this at the bottom instead of opening the plugin.
"INFO Extracting file 'data/sound/config/bgm_property.mpb' from Mod...
INFO Extracting file 'data/param/ui/ui_sound_db.bin' from Mod...
INFO Extracting file 'data/sound/config/bgm_mymusic.mmb' from Mod...
INFO Extracting file 'data/ui/message/sound.msbt' from Mod...
ERROR OpenPluginMenu with Sm4shMusic: Can't load 'C:\Users\Trebolt\AppData\Local\Temp\sm4shexplorer\\data\ui\message\sound.msbt', the file doesn't appear to be a MSBT file."
Any ideas on how to fix it?

Sounds like it got corrupted somehow. Deleting it should fix it, though you would have to re-do all the changes that you had made to it.

I would offer to try and repair it, but I currently don't have a dump of Sm4sh on my hard drive - had to get it replaced as it was failing, and I lost all of my data.

Try opening it with this and let me know what happens.

Anyone know how to delete single player records? I made some of my characters broken and got impossible to beat scores now. Classic and Allstar modes in particular.

Unless there is some Sm4sh save editor floating around out there, you might have to delete the entire save and start from scratch.

Whenever I export to the sd card it deletes all my music files in bgm as well. Anyone know how to fix this?

You're using the "Send to SD" function, correct? Try manually copy-pasting the compiled folder to your sd card instead. I've never had that happen to me before, so this is my best guess of a way around it.

Edit 2: Problem found: It is in the Param editor, and can be circumvented with some hex editing and filecomparing.

Label
: Program not saving fighter_param_etc.bin properly
Sm4shexplorer version used: 0.07.1 and 0.06.4b
Game region: EU
Environment setting: I don't understand what this means

I was trying to alter the staling queue, which is in fighter_param_etc.bin. But every time i try to do anything to that file, even just saving it with no changes, it breaks somehow in a way that the param editor won't open it anymore without removing the mod. When i tried to play it, the game crashed on match load every time. I also tried with version 0.06.4b and got the exact same result.

Edit: I managed to modify it by exporting the file, editing it with Param-editor outside (maybe a newer version?) and dragging it back in. This still crashed the game, including when not changing the file.

Edit 2: Found the problem, it is in the Param editor: Files with empty groups get their group separators removed, which offsets the whole file making it unreadable.

How strange. At least you figured it out! If the issue is still present in the github version, you might want to submit an issue for that. That's a rather large problem imo. :)

Reactions: Jessica1987

Trebolt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it got corrupted somehow. Deleting it should fix it, though you would have to re-do all the changes that you had made to it.

I would offer to try and repair it, but I currently don't have a dump of Sm4sh on my hard drive - had to get it replaced as it was failing, and I lost all of my data.

Try opening it with this and let me know what happens.

Unless there is some Sm4sh save editor floating around out there, you might have to delete the entire save and start from scratch.

You're using the "Send to SD" function, correct? Try manually copy-pasting the compiled folder to your sd card instead. I've never had that happen to me before, so this is my best guess of a way around it.

How strange. At least you figured it out! If the issue is still present in the github version, you might want to submit an issue for that. That's a rather large problem imo. :)

This is what I'm given when using the MSBT editor. I also tried deleting the sound.msbt, but when the new one was generated, it presented the same issue as before.

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-8_16-47-11.png
    upload_2017-1-8_16-47-11.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 354
Last edited by Trebolt,

SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I'm given when using the MSBT editor. I also tried deleting the sound.msbt, but when the new one was generated, it presented the same issue as before.

How odd. Can you send it to me? I can take a look at it real quick to see if I notice anything wrong. Also, did you delete the correct file? Its the one in the workspace folder.

Trebolt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Trebolt,

SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Deleting the one located in the workspace folder fixed the problem. Thanks a bunch!

Oooh, I didn't delete that one, I deleted the one in the temp folder.
Here's the file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqum7bcsy8s1nfh/sound.msbt?dl=0

Yeah, the one in the TEMP folder is when the application loads the files. The one in the workspace folder is the actual file. Glad that fixed it! Though just for future reference, I might take a look at it to see whats wrong. :D

EDIT: Opened it in MSBT Editor Reloaded and it worked fine. I could see the changes that had been made to it, and nothing looked out of the ordinary. :unsure: Its possible that opening it in that editor fixed it - I know that something like that was implemented into it. In the case that you want it back, here ya go. Compressed because GBATemp forums require compression for uploads.

Attachments

• sound.zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 189
Last edited by SuperMarioDaBom,

SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
made a basic nut texture manager yesterday, just needs some compatibility fixing before release :)

edit

oh crap, didn't see there was an open source gtx extractor, that's gonna be handy

Nice! I'll try it out once you release it and I re-dump my game! Though, I believe Smash Forge already has NUT texture editing. Does the plugin you made handle multiple textures? Some NUT textures have multiple textures in them, especially for models.

robink93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice! I'll try it out once you release it and I re-dump my game! Though, I believe Smash Forge already has NUT texture editing. Does the plugin you made handle multiple textures? Some NUT textures have multiple textures in them, especially for models.
meh didn't see that one, this feels pretty useless then, especially since this project looks dead

and no, it doesn't really. nut format was super hard to reverse engineer, even with the python scripts available, and there's a texture format i can't convert

edit

148415158627574.png

aha, patience wins at last!

Last edited by robink93,

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
By any chance one of the unknown values of the tracks in the music editor is a flag which tell which music is unlockable?

Or is there a way or a file to edit to have all the songs available from the start?

Shamira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Label: Sm4shexplorer "Error No data was found" though I can go to C:\Smash\vol and all the files are there
Environment setting: Full Dump + Patch

Description of the problem: Initially I transferred all my folders and files pertaining to modding smash from my desktop to laptop (I can mod perfectly fine on my desktop). I was very careful to install everything in the same place as is on my desktop. I opened Sm4shExplorer and got the ERROR "No data was found" I eventually redumped the whole game, re-download Sm4shExplorer, and created a new project to where my game dump was stored. Still get "ERROR No data was found".
Did it ever work at all: On desktop Yes, laptop: No
Screens: I'll try to post screens later
Logs: Don't have any logs

SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Label: Sm4shexplorer "Error No data was found" though I can go to C:\Smash\vol and all the files are there
Environment setting: Full Dump + Patch

Description of the problem: Initially I transferred all my folders and files pertaining to modding smash from my desktop to laptop (I can mod perfectly fine on my desktop). I was very careful to install everything in the same place as is on my desktop. I opened Sm4shExplorer and got the ERROR "No data was found" I eventually redumped the whole game, re-download Sm4shExplorer, and created a new project to where my game dump was stored. Still get "ERROR No data was found".
Did it ever work at all: On desktop Yes, laptop: No
Screens: I'll try to post screens later
Logs: Don't have any logs

Interesting. According to the code, this occurs when there are no files in the project, which you already confirmed that they do indeed exist. Post some screenshots and I might be able to help you.

Shamira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. According to the code, this occurs when there are no files in the project, which you already confirmed that they do indeed exist. Post some screenshots and I might be able to help you.
These are the screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 363
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 330

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there anyway to build the mod but only have it build modified entries? I have a bunch of script folders and other files that aren't going to be touched anytime soon but the fact that it still has to rebuild them every time is time consuming and a bit annoying.

Flashwire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Label: PM ERROR: Error extracting data/stage/end/Wily/animation/dyr_light_tenmetu_set/dyr_light_tenmetu_set.omo, error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer
Sm4shexplorer version used: v0.06.4
Game version: 208
Environment setting: Full dump + Patch

Now for the description of the issue: That error completely stops my build entirely and doesn't allow me to contiune. Removing the resource doesn't solve the problem either. I tried deleting the sm4shmod.xml and it still comes up with the same error.
Did it ever work at all: Yes, it worked just fine before I added a few more sounds
Logs: PM ERROR: Error extracting data/stage/end/Wily/animation/dyr_light_tenmetu_set/dyr_light_tenmetu_set.omo, error: ZLib error -5: Not enough room in provided buffer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr