Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

Commander_Ducky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be an issue when Making Mods for certains Stages. As far as i can tell, The Non Omega Forms of Pokemon Stadium 2, Wily Castle and Flatzone X are Unmoddable, and will either Softlock or Freeze the Game. Palutena Temple's Non Omega Form will Soft Lock the Game if you Build it with the Latest Version but it Loads Perfectly Fine using v.0.07. The Omega Forms of Garden of Hope, and Hyrule Temple are Moddable, but Texture Edits do not work at all.

ThatNintendoNerd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There seems to be an issue when Making Mods for certains Stages. As far as i can tell, The Non Omega Forms of Pokemon Stadium 2, Wily Castle and Flatzone X are Unmoddable, and will either Softlock or Freeze the Game. Palutena Temple's Non Omega Form will Soft Lock the Game if you Build it with the Latest Version but it Loads Perfectly Fine using v.0.07. The Omega Forms of Garden of Hope, and Hyrule Temple are Moddable, but Texture Edits do not work at all.
This is not an issue with Sm4shExplorer, rather with your mods. Because I have those stages modded and they work fine. Texture edits work fine for me. You must be doing something wrong.

Dors94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am having an issue with the latest version of this program. English and USA build. Everytime I try to build the patch, after about 4 mins it says in a error pop-up, that this program has become unresponsive. It was working for about half a year with no problems and now its messing up. I have tried re-downloading the program, but that didn't help. Why is this happening?

Knightmayor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having an issue with opening the plugin Sm4shMusic in Sm4shExplorer v0.07.1. I'm getting an ERROR when opening it from the plugin tab or from data(xx_xx)/param/ui/ui_sound_db.bin
I've used the plugin successfully before and have many songs added. Below is the error with a screenshot of it. Any help is much appreciated.

INFO Extracting file 'data/sound/config/bgm_property.mpb' from Mod...
ERROR OpenPluginMenu with Sm4shMusic: An entry with the same key already exists. Sm4shExplorer - ERROR.png

Zeniphierial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
INFO Extracting file 'data/sound/config/bgm_property.mpb' from Mod...
INFO Extracting file 'data/param/ui/ui_sound_db.bin' from Mod...
INFO Extracting file 'data/sound/config/bgm_mymusic.mmb' from Mod...
INFO Extracting file 'data/ui/message/sound.msbt' from Mod...
ERROR OpenPluginMenu with Sm4shMusic: The output char buffer is too small to contain the decoded characters, encoding 'Unicode (Big-Endian)' fallback 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: chars

I'm getting this when trying to open ui_sound_db.bin with the music plugin. No clue why when my music previously entered fine and plays fine on console. I've also downloaded a new smash explorer and inserted the plugin again in case somehow that would change something. Any fix?

SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All!

I decided to quickly whip up a plugin that runs Smash Forge. It will download and run it. Unfortunately, it cannot directly load files, as Smash Forge can only load files from in-app. Once this changes, so will this plugin.
Also, since it cannot directly load files, the plugin is to be run from the Plugins menu. Again, once Smash Forge allows loading of files externally, this plugin will be updated to compensate.

I hope you all find this interesting or helpful! Download attached below.

Attachments

• sm4shplugin_forge_installer.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited by SuperMarioDaBom,

Generaljay05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help with my Sm4shExplorer, I have Version 0.07.1 and for about 2 days it was working but suddenly now, it's not I always gets an error message that says "ERROR Cannot load plugin 'Sm4shMSBTReloaded', Reason: 'C:\Users\Petrea Mah\AppData\Local\Temp\sm4shexplorer 0.07.1\sm4shexplorer 0.07.1\tools\MsbtEditor.exe' cannot be found." What do I do?

Zonderion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues guys. So I can't seem to find Smash Explorer 0.0.7.1, I can only find the 0.0.6.4 version.

When I downloaded the zip from GitHub, there was no executable. I loaded it in Visual Studio, which it then created the executable, but also gave me a missing dll error (zlib.dll). I opened the Smash Explorer, and navigated to the correct folder that has the content folder, dt00, dt01, and the ls file. Then I get the following error:

INFO Loading LS File 'C:\Game\vol\content\ls'
ERROR No data was found.

dt00 is about 3.99Gb
dt01 is about 2.35GB
ls is about 103kb

Every time I've dumped the game, it stops at one of the dummy_content files, and Smash 4 loads like normal (rather than staying at the load screen).

Am I missing something?
EDIT:
Yes, yes I am. I realize I was working with the source files and not the compiled versions. I have gotten a step further in this process. I will leave this here in case others have the same issue.

One more Edit: Incase you're blind, like me, the zips with the executables are at the end of the very first post in this thread.

Last edited by Zonderion,

SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help with my Sm4shExplorer, I have Version 0.07.1 and for about 2 days it was working but suddenly now, it's not I always gets an error message that says "ERROR Cannot load plugin 'Sm4shMSBTReloaded', Reason: 'C:\Users\Petrea Mah\AppData\Local\Temp\sm4shexplorer 0.07.1\sm4shexplorer 0.07.1\tools\MsbtEditor.exe' cannot be found." What do I do?

Try extracting this to your "tools" folder. Make sure that the .exe file is not in any subfolders.

I'm having issues guys. So I can't seem to find Smash Explorer 0.0.7.1, I can only find the 0.0.6.4 version.

When I downloaded the zip from GitHub, there was no executable. I loaded it in Visual Studio, which it then created the executable, but also gave me a missing dll error (zlib.dll). I opened the Smash Explorer, and navigated to the correct folder that has the content folder, dt00, dt01, and the ls file. Then I get the following error:

INFO Loading LS File 'C:\Game\vol\content\ls'
ERROR No data was found.

dt00 is about 3.99Gb
dt01 is about 2.35GB
ls is about 103kb

Every time I've dumped the game, it stops at one of the dummy_content files, and Smash 4 loads like normal (rather than staying at the load screen).

Am I missing something?
EDIT:
Yes, yes I am. I realize I was working with the source files and not the compiled versions. I have gotten a step further in this process. I will leave this here in case others have the same issue.

Glad you figured it out! If you need any more help, just ask :D

Reactions: Zonderion

Jessica1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is it possible to change the volume of songs from smashcustommusic? It seems a few songs have a much lower volume than others. And some songs say there's a manual loop; how do I do that? Is there an in-built feauture in sm4shexplorer for these two things?

SuperMarioDaBom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to change the volume of songs from smashcustommusic? It seems a few songs have a much lower volume than others. And some songs say there's a manual loop; how do I do that? Is there an in-built feauture in sm4shexplorer for these two things?

The volume of songs I believe must be changed by converting the .nus3bank to another format, opening it in an audio editing app like Audacity, adjusting the volume (at the sake of quality), exporting it, and converting it back to a .nus3bank file. There isn't any way to do it in the Sm4shMusic Sm4shExplorer plugin that I know of.

By "manual loop", do you mean on the website where it has Normal and Custom loop types? If so, there's nothing you need to do with it - its just information on how the person made the initial .brstm. Nothing need be done by you; all you need to do is import the .nus3bank into Sm4shMusic.

Reactions: Jessica1987

Jessica1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The volume of songs I believe must be changed by converting the .nus3bank to another format, opening it in an audio editing app like Audacity, adjusting the volume (at the sake of quality), exporting it, and converting it back to a .nus3bank file. There isn't any way to do it in the Sm4shMusic Sm4shExplorer plugin that I know of.

That's a shame. I'll try it out and see if I like it.

By "manual loop", do you mean on the website where it has Normal and Custom loop types? If so, there's nothing you need to do with it - its just information on how the person made the initial .brstm. Nothing need be done by you; all you need to do is import the .nus3bank into Sm4shMusic.

Sorry, I meant custom loop. Thanks for your answer.

Zeniphierial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I guess I'm going to be just completely glossed over. I fixed it anyway; I had to delete all my music files and start from scratch again which wasn't that long of a process.

Deeeeeric

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to reduce building time? It takes roughly more than an hour to finish building and it gets frustrating when I want to add just one or two mods. I've looked around and people were suggested freeing up the hard drive but unfortunately it still takes the same time.

Jessica1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Anyone know how to delete single player records? I made some of my characters broken and got impossible to beat scores now. Classic and Allstar modes in particular.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I export to the sd card it deletes all my music files in bgm as well. Anyone know how to fix this?

Jespoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Edit 2: Problem found: It is in the Param editor, and can be circumvented with some hex editing and filecomparing.

Label
: Program not saving fighter_param_etc.bin properly
Sm4shexplorer version used: 0.07.1 and 0.06.4b
Game version: 288
Game region: EU
Language used: English
Environment setting: I don't understand what this means

I was trying to alter the staling queue, which is in fighter_param_etc.bin. But every time i try to do anything to that file, even just saving it with no changes, it breaks somehow in a way that the param editor won't open it anymore without removing the mod. When i tried to play it, the game crashed on match load every time. I also tried with version 0.06.4b and got the exact same result.

Edit: I managed to modify it by exporting the file, editing it with Param-editor outside (maybe a newer version?) and dragging it back in. This still crashed the game, including when not changing the file.

Edit 2: Found the problem, it is in the Param editor: Files with empty groups get their group separators removed, which offsets the whole file making it unreadable.

Last edited by Jespoke,

Trebolt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Label: Sm4shExplorer is no longer recognizing the sound.mbst file in the Temp folder despite working fine before.
Sm4shexplorer version used: 0.07.1
Game version: 288
Game region: USA
Language used: English
Environment setting: This is full dump and patch.
I'm attempting to open up the Sm4shMusic plugin to change the name of some songs, but despite working previously, it now gives me this at the bottom instead of opening the plugin.
"INFO Extracting file 'data/sound/config/bgm_property.mpb' from Mod...
INFO Extracting file 'data/param/ui/ui_sound_db.bin' from Mod...
INFO Extracting file 'data/sound/config/bgm_mymusic.mmb' from Mod...
INFO Extracting file 'data/ui/message/sound.msbt' from Mod...
ERROR OpenPluginMenu with Sm4shMusic: Can't load 'C:\Users\Trebolt\AppData\Local\Temp\sm4shexplorer\\data\ui\message\sound.msbt', the file doesn't appear to be a MSBT file."
Any ideas on how to fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...