1. SgtCarson

SgtCarson Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So if i download any version of smash explorer i only have the folders, Tools and Plugins. I do however have the exe files and can search smash bros with smash explorer. Halp plaz?

Last edited by SgtCarson, Aug 31, 2016
  2. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

United Kingdom
    I think it might be that this is a 64 bit application.
    This is the sort of thing that should be labeled in the OP. Because some people don't want to replace their 32 bit systems until they can afford a proper gaming rig.

3. Noisette

Noisette Newbie
    Newcomer

France
    Hello guys :) is there a way to extract the animations of cloud strife in order to read them in 3DS max ? many thanks !

4. FennecDragon95

Newcomer

United States
    I wish I can unpacked already packed mod files on this one like the assit trophies and the pokemon ones as well the as the Wii fit stage undub.

5. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

France
    I downloaded 2 mods on gamebanana: the undub patch and the extra stages patch.

-If I apply the Undub patch to my game with smashexplorer and copy the modified files to my SdCard and run Sdcafiine: it works, I have the Japanese voices!
    -If I apply the extra stages patch to my game using smashexplorer, removed the previous undub patch from my SDCard and copy the new extra stages modified files and run SDcafiine: it works!
    -Now if I apply the undub patch with the extra stages patch at the same time with smashexplorer, copy the files to my SDCard and run sdcafiine: only the undub patch is working. i don't have the jap voices anymore

So, can we merge 2 mods? How?

Thanks a lot

6. Soundtoxin

Soundtoxin Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Are GNU/Linux and Mac OS ports of this program planned? I would like to mod my Smash game and I already made the dump, but I didn't realize this tool was only on Windows. Honestly most of the tools in the 3DS and Wii U homebrew scene work on every major OS, so this is pretty surprising.

N1N and SlimPortable like this.
  7. MarioKart7z

MarioKart7z Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Help! Sm4shExplorer won't let me drag files into it... It just won't!
    (and yes all the mod files are in an unpacked folder)
    In tutorials i have seen when they drag files into it, things start highlighting under their cursor.
    But for me, nothing, the cursor just becomes a black stop sign, as if it stopped interacting with the window!
    In fact, it doesn't, nothing highlights for me! And when i drop the files onto the window nothing happens!
    I have to manually copy paste hex data from the mod files to the explorer file, and it's tedious AF, and sometimes it doesn't work because the file is too large (can copypaste 2KB model files but not 6KB texture files... Which is strange, because i have 8 GB of RAM and i should technically be able to copy paste up to 512 MB of data)
    Is this a problem with Windows 8.1/Classic Shell/Aero glass/whatever?
    PLZ HELP

8. SlimPortable

SlimPortable GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Seconding this since everything else you would need for the intial dumping is ready to go on Mac, so it's just a version of sm4sh explorer that's left for modding on Mac.

N1N and Soundtoxin like this.
  9. mrgames

mrgames Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The explorer freezes up horribly when I try to load in the portraits, can anyone help out. I deleted the program and re-downloaded just in case, but still ridiculously slow whenever it begins extracting the last files. even when I try only moving in one file.

[​IMG]

10. SuperMarioDaBom

SuperMarioDaBom Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have been working on a plugin that will allow editing of .nut files. I managed to get it to show up in the plugins list, but nothing happens on click. I tried to mimic Sm4shMusic to no avail. What am I doing wrong? I can post some code if you would like.

Thanks,
    SuperMarioDaBom

PS: I attached an image below to show that it is indeed showing up in the plugins menu. sm4shplugin.png

11. IcySon55

IcySon55 Leader of Fan Translators International

Canada
    Please don't link directly to a single version of the editor. There are already 4 versions after the one you linked. https://github.com/IcySon55/3DLandMSBTeditor/releases

I haven't used Sm4shExplorer myself yet. In the latest version of my MSBT editor, sub-strings were removed in favor of displaying the null bytes directly in the text editor for convenience. Version 0.9.4 should allow you to properly restore the strings that go missing after you use Sm4shMusic.

12. Segtendo

Segtendo #TeamMarie

United States
  13. IcySon55

Canada
    I understand that, it's just always better to link to the release list. Users will always get the latest version that way and your link won't become obsolete. :)

14. Yummy Yoshi

Yummy Yoshi Member
    Newcomer

United States
    There's an issue where when you add too many csp's to the game, the game simply stops staring to load to load them. Since the game loads them alphabetically, my zelda, yoshi, and wario are completely gone. The game has about 400 portraits, and the max is about 680 , so if you add more than 280 portraits, they will disappear. Does anyone know a way to fix, or stall this?

15. chariram123

chariram123 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    it's not dumping to mu computor

16. RoyMaster4

RoyMaster4 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Unfortunately, there is no way to fix this at the moment. There are rumors about using an older version of Sm4shExplorer since the packing is different, but I've noticed no change in the number of portraits I can use between the 2 versions.

I believe DLC portraits take up more 'space' than any other portrait, by the way, if that helps you at all.

17. Pikachuk

Pikachuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    i'd like to make a french translation, it's possible ?

18. IcySon55

Canada
    Yes. Download Sm4shExplorer and MSBT Editor Reloaded. Put the editor in the tools folder of Sm4shExplorer and then translate all of the MSBT files in the game.

The other guys here can give you more detailed instructions.

19. Pikachuk

Pikachuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    i talk about translate sm4sh explorer, smash has already a french version

20. IcySon55

Canada
    Public Service Announcement

All versions of MSBT Editor Reloaded before v0.9.7 can corrupt your melee and/or sound msbt files if you rename a label.
    I suggest all users update to v0.9.7 (or newer) to prevent any data loss. I can usually repair the corruption and save your work from obliteration but I'd rather not fix tons of files if it can be avoided!

v0.9.7 can fix broken files that were created with v0.95b and v0.96. Just open the broken msbt in v0.9.7 and click save to fix it.

Enjoy!

Last edited by IcySon55, Oct 17, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Sm4shExplorer,