Hacking Slowdown with Acekard 2i (even with a Class 6 card)

Hammyface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a very strange problem with my Acekard 2i. I just received it the other day from an authorized retailer and I tried new and custom firmwares which did me no good. I get slow down in some games. However, it's a bit weird. I do NOT get slowdown in the Castlevania intro as most would expect. I get slowdown in things like screen fades and sound stutters. For example, when I press start in Kirby and the screen fades, the sound becomes choppy and crackly for a few seconds. Figuring it was just one game and no big deal, I tried out GTA Chinatown Wars and the game is a mess. From the beginning you see the plane stutter and graphics as you drive around stutter as well. I still have my CycloDS for my DSLite (I bought the Acekard 2i for my DSi) and the problem is NOT there...so I know it's not my MciroSD card nor the ROM to blame.

I tried every option available to no avail. Any tips? I read many reviews saying this card has no slowdown, which I would agree with too after it passes the Castlevania test. But it's definitely stuttering/slowing down in quite a few games (especially games you wouldn't expect it in). Any help gang? Thanks!

gramin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've discovered GTA:CW runs a bit sluggish when I have a 3-4 star rating.

I originally had the card formatted with panasonic formatter, now I've got it formatted with 16k cluster size using windows. Still runs about the same.

I have a legit version of the game to compare it to, and sometimes this happens even on that.

So I guess it's the game sometimes too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end