Slowdown with Acekard 2i (even with a Class 6 card)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Hammyface, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Hammyface
    OP

Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    I have a very strange problem with my Acekard 2i. I just received it the other day from an authorized retailer and I tried new and custom firmwares which did me no good. I get slow down in some games. However, it's a bit weird. I do NOT get slowdown in the Castlevania intro as most would expect. I get slowdown in things like screen fades and sound stutters. For example, when I press start in Kirby and the screen fades, the sound becomes choppy and crackly for a few seconds. Figuring it was just one game and no big deal, I tried out GTA Chinatown Wars and the game is a mess. From the beginning you see the plane stutter and graphics as you drive around stutter as well. I still have my CycloDS for my DSLite (I bought the Acekard 2i for my DSi) and the problem is NOT there...so I know it's not my MciroSD card nor the ROM to blame.

I tried every option available to no avail. Any tips? I read many reviews saying this card has no slowdown, which I would agree with too after it passes the Castlevania test. But it's definitely stuttering/slowing down in quite a few games (especially games you wouldn't expect it in). Any help gang? Thanks!

2. logical thinker

logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2008
  3. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    do a fresh format using the panasonic formatter, if dma modes and shutting off patches doesn't fix your problems.

-another world

4. Hammyface
    OP

Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    The format advice worked swimmingly. Thank you!

5. gramin

gramin Member

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    I've discovered GTA:CW runs a bit sluggish when I have a 3-4 star rating.

I originally had the card formatted with panasonic formatter, now I've got it formatted with 16k cluster size using windows. Still runs about the same.

I have a legit version of the game to compare it to, and sometimes this happens even on that.

So I guess it's the game sometimes too.