Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Maybe it's not just me, but a lot of Brawl gamers had those kind of problems.
I sometimes get slow rides of Brawl when I start playing it, and sometimes it effects the Wii menu as well, and almost always when I boot Brawl, it gives green line at the start. Even one time the game got frozen. All this happened in DVD5, but in DVD9, I used Fortis 8X DL, burned with IMGburn on 2.4X, burned perfectly, but those kind of problems happened more, and I even got the green screen in jap that says to eject the disk and put it back. (the can't read error, probably),
and the problems I mentioned before almost always happened on the DVD9. I never had any problem of error #001, so the disk must be burned properly. I think it's because it's a PAL, and Brawl mentioned to have problems with 60HZ (I use 50, but it still can run not 100% properly),
So far I play just the DVD5 version, I have no power to turn on and off the wii to get it run on normal speed or eject and put back the disk again and again.
Will burning the ISO with a MUCH better DVD-ROM burner, with Fortis, will it work better or even masterfully?

Xedi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm really interested too, got a PAL Wii and notice the same things :

-Slow downs. Usually when the game is slow I can see it at the intro movie, it goes really slowly, and any other video I try to watch runs slow. Then the hand to select characters moves slowly. Sometimes in game it is not slow anymore, but is still slow after coming back to the menu, sometimes it is also slow in game.

-Freezes. Happen quite rarely, just during normal matches. Also have 1 event match not working (coop event 6) and clear special brawl buggy.

-Cut off screen. I have the bottom of the screen cut off somewhat, not always to the same extent. I can never see the characters names underneath their percentage during normal brawls.

Playing with the DVD9, got all characters and stages, finished SSE (though not 100%), all movies working.
PAL Wii, Wiikey 1.9g, experience the same exact problems with all the DVDs I have burnt (Philips crappy DVDs, TDK DVDs). This is particularly disturbing for coop event 6 and special brawl, as the exact same thing is not working on all DVDs but all the rest is.

Any ideas ? I'll try to find a friend who has a DL DVD burner to see if there are any differences.

Oh, and could any PAL user report if they get cut off screen too ? I would suspect this would be the type of thing happening to everyone...

Xedi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please, could at least someone with a PAL Wii report if they get cut off screen ? It can't be that hard to do... Do you see the character names underneath their percentages in a regular Brawl ?

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I think the slow runs and green lines are connected to the fact it's not a PAL game. You know all that the game can't work with 60HZ, means it's probably has problems with 50HZ, but it still stable to run. But what's annoying me is the problem of the green screen of "wii can't read the disk"
It prevent me from playing all the stuff that exclusive for the DVD9 (Like single, SSE and stuff).
I read someone who says it's a problem of the second layer, which the Wii can't recognize. I use Fortis DL with an EXCELLENT Pioneer, check the disk quality after burning, got 93 out of 100, which means it's damn quality. But still the wii gives that error. Anyone has a clue how to fix it?

Xedi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd say try different DVD, if that still doesn't work try different burner... All the green errors come from bad burns, even though that might seem strange...

The Dementor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also get problems mentioned on my Pal machine. I can't see characters name, and have also had the slow down problem.

I've tried the option of turning off deflicker and rebooting in 60hz but can't get that to work.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If you have slowdowns, just go back to Wii menu and start the game again. Do it as many times until it work. Same thing goes to if you have green text thing opening video, or burn DVD5 version and use that to boot and swap it to DVD9 on menu. If you have cut off screen problem, you can get rid of it on game's video options.

On Adventure More, I got DREs on videos and I can't skip some videos to prevent it. Also game freeze in Adventure Mode after when Fox and Diddy fight with Bowser and win it.

Xedi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, that's what I do, whenever I see that the intro movie starts slowly, I reset the Wii until it runs smoothly...
Ok well, I suppose we'll have to deal with this until PAL version comes out.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Found a fix. I turned off deflicker, burned DVD9 on pioneer with Fortis +R DL, and I only get DRE's in like 0-2 times in an hour, and I just pull out the disc a few times and it works like a charm. No freezes and from only 1 boot out of 5 boots is slow run.
Thx for everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: