Question Slow music in PCSX ReARMed?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Trunks2304, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Trunks2304
    OP

Trunks2304 Banned

Banned
    May 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Anyone know how to fix the music playing in slow motion in Wild Arms for pcsx rearmed on retronx? The sound effects and gameplay are full speed, its just the music is slowed down?

2. iriez

iriez GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2016
    United States
    I believe you can mess with the audio driver in settings, try the diff options? Threaded, etc.

You can also set the frame skip to 1 or higher to use less resources.

3. Trunks2304
    OP

Trunks2304 Banned

Banned
    May 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    thanks for the response. i did try messing with every audio setting and had no luck with trial and error. Overall sound is fine, its just so odd only the music is whats exclusively "slow motion":wacko:

4. TheRocK

TheRocK GBAtemp Fan

Apr 16, 2003
    Gambia, The
    Why did you create a new thread for this question rather than using the appropriate homebrew thread?

Vorde likes this.
  5. Trunks2304
    OP

Trunks2304 Banned

Banned
    May 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Why? Im glad you asked. Because when questions are asked in a 200 page thread they tend to get drowned out. Thanks for your contribution btw!

6. TheRocK

TheRocK GBAtemp Fan

Apr 16, 2003
    Gambia, The
    Oh I did contribute by reporting your thread. Also your question has been answered multiple times in the RetroNX thread already, so you could have also searched the original forum thread. Sadly you are not the only one that spams this forum with unnecessary threads without doing research beforehand.

7. Trunks2304
    OP

Trunks2304 Banned

Banned
    May 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    That's funny, because in that massively bloated thread I did a search before creating this and there was no answers for my issue. Sadly, you are not the only one who is completely useless and contributes next to nothing when posting on this forum.

Last edited by Trunks2304, Sep 20, 2018
  8. TheRocK
    This message by TheRocK has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Sep 20, 2018.
    Sep 20, 2018
  9. Trunks2304
    This message by Trunks2304 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Sep 20, 2018.
    Sep 20, 2018
  10. Cencil

Cencil GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Canada
    Have you tried asking a question in the RetroNX thread? You have a 1/5 chance your question will get acknowledged let alone answered. I also searched that thread with no results.

Would love any help for this slow music problem as I have it myself with ps1 games too.

11. Cencil

Cencil GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Canada
    Just solved the issue. In the case anyone else stumbles upon this problem as well and needs a fix; in the retroarch options menu while the game is running you need to change your region from "auto" to "NTSC" as certain games will run as PAL due to being set to "auto" despite being an NTSC backup game. Wild Arms music is now playing normal speed.

12. lazyolandy

lazyolandy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for creating this thread.
    Silly question, how do I get to options while a game is running?!

13. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    Press Plus and Minus at the same time. You can also change it to L3+R3 somewhere in the joypad settings, would recommend that.

lazyolandy likes this.
  14. abilaunken

abilaunken Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2009
    Brazil
    Did you guys using lakka ,retronx or standalone?
    For thats little bugs im waiting to get retroarch in the near future. Im using exfat tooo =(

15. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    in the new build of retroarch thats been released were do you place the psx bios files please i tried system like retronx but it says there not found ? and yes there named correctly???

16. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    /retroarch/cores/system

17. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    they are there ? it still says there not found ?!? also there renamed correctly??

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ok so the folder was named sysetem that would be why