slow loading

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by hyun, Apr 11, 2008.

Apr 11, 2008

slow loading by hyun at 2:59 AM (1,080 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. hyun
    OP

Member hyun GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi i got a dstt and a 2gb kingston micro sd (japan)
    I heard that DSTT has very fast loading speed but mine takes 4 seconds...(i got a friend who got r4 and he's faster wth...)
    So anyway i format my micro sd (2gb) to FAT (I did it to FAT321 but changed...)
    What's my DSTT's problem?? ( It has almost 1gb extra space on my micro sd i think it should be faster than 4 sec to load just one game.. O.o) [​IMG]

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I don't know anything about the DSTT.....but.....

...slow loading = slowding

Just a phrase I coined back in the Commodore 64 days.

Trust me when I say that NOTHING loads slower than a C64 without some kind of fast-loader. Be happy that you can play all the games for free and don't worry about load times.

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Mine loads in 3 seconds. Yours takes 4? If I had a penny for every second you had to wait, I'd be a few pennies richer.

Seriously, some games take longer to load, and you didn't say which game you felt was loading slowly. If you're really concerned (4 seconds seems pretty quick for the larger games) I'd be willing to time mine for comparison (I'm using a 2GB Kingston Japan microSD formatted FAT16).

The DSTT is one of the fastest carts for loading games. You might want to read this thread for more information about microSD speeds. If you're still concerned, you might try the Panasonic formatter that is mentioned in the thread.

@Rayder: Ahhh...the good ol' C-64. Remember the tape drive? Nothing like waiting an hour to load a text-based program! But the games were really great. They need to make an Elite-like game (with a huge universe, all generated procedurally) in true 3D. I sure wish they'd continue development of FrodoDS so I could play all those games. M.U.L.E. works though, and a few others.

-Bri