Hacking Slow loading home icons after cfw?

selbyftw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello does anyone know why my home icons take ages to load after installing cfw?
I only have two games on the sd card and then fbi and luma updater and that's about it.
My sd card is a sandisk extreme pro 95mbs so that shouldn't be the problem?

Is there a way to do like a factory reset without losing the cfw and arm9?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is just a general side effect of using cfw or possibly due to your sd card. Formatting won't remove a9lh or cfw. What size is your sd card and what is its cluster size?

selbyftw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tested the card in h2test and It passed with no errors at all, had a green box afterwards. The speeds were around 80-90mbs which is about right for the card. I'll try a system format then and see if that improves anything. How will I install fbi and every back on there after the system format just make a back up of the sd card and copy and paste it back on after the system format?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The size of the card is 32gb and I formatted with a 32kb cluster size as advised in the guide

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can format it with 64Kb cluster size (although I don't recall if Windows will do it)

I don't think you can do it with the default partition tool. I'm not sure of alternatives (thought alternatives certainly can).

I also feel like I should note that the 3DS doesn't support the 95MB/s that the sdcard reports as it would utilize UHS to achieve that (which the 3DS does not support). As for home icons loading slow, how many do you have? I noticed mine load slow on emunand but I've been on CFW for so long and I don't really care.

Can you elaborate on "slow"? How fast did it load before with how many icons? How fast does it load now with how many icons?

Last edited by LongTimeLurker,

selbyftw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think you can do it with the default partition tool. I'm not sure of alternatives.

I also feel like I should note that the 3DS doesn't support the 95MB/s that the sdcard reports as it would utilize UHS to achieve that (which the 3DS does not support). As for home icons loading slow, how many do you have? I noticed mine load slow on emunand but I've been on CFW for so long and I don't really care.

Can you elaborate on "slow"? How fast did it load before with how many icons? How fast does it load now with how many icons?

Well before the cfw everything was there loaded ready. Since the install it takes a while for them to pop up. I have about 15 maybe less. It's not a massive issue but just annoying. Biggest problem I have at the moment is after the system memory format I don't know where to start to get fbi and luma3ds updater back on there.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well before the cfw everything was there loaded ready. Since the install it takes a while for them to pop up. I have about 15 maybe less. It's not a massive issue but just annoying. Biggest problem I have at the moment is after the system memory format I don't know where to start to get fbi and luma3ds updater back on there.
Just grab the fbi zip from GitHub and launch it via homebrew to install the cia version.

Or go to the guide and follow the steps to inject it with Decrypt9:
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)#section-v---injecting-fbi

Reactions: LongTimeLurker

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lovely thanks I'll give that a go now. What's the different between the injecting and cia install?

I think with Decrypt9 you can inject FBI into the Health and Safety app, otherwise a typical CIA install has its own icon and such :).

Edit: Ninja'd, or maybe just this?

Different procedures, only.

selbyftw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think with Decrypt9 you can inject FBI into the Health and Safety app, otherwise a typical CIA install has its own icon and such :).

Edit: Ninja'd, or maybe just this?

This is the correct answer.

Well everything is kinda fucked now lol
FBI shows the FBI icon but actually loads into health and safety. I'm missing a health and safety icon altogether.
It's still slow and laggy loading the icons.

Is there a easy step to just get back to the 4.5 firmware I was on before I installed cfw and updated and get everything back to 100% stock? Then I can go through all steps again and take my time with it.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Update, an alternative (and possibly easier) way to get FBI back is install the dev branch of luma (copy the corresponding arm9loaderhax.bin from the release zip), hold select when booting, then enable the SVC check option. You can then use NASA to install the FBI CIA from the HBL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3