Homebrew Question Slow launching of homebrew

Tom974

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the same problem, and this is how i revolved it: I had deleted retroarch and and reset CFW with reboot to payload. Maybe, i can do this without to delete retroarch .. but, this issue appeared since retroarch installation, or it's a coincidence (Sorry for my english, it's so middle, but i hope you'll understand it. (NB : I thinkin that is problaby an ram managin's issue.. and reset Switch, go to "wash it".

Azricc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Which homebrew launch slowly for you?
Retroarch and some other homebrew I cant remember from earlier. As of yesterday (which my switch broke today), i can open and use checkpoint, edizon, AIO, breeze etc just fine. But i havent tried RA again after some times ago due to the long opening time. So I'm not sure if my attempt to checkdisk on sdcard but halfway cancel it half-fixing it or what.

My SD card could be walking toward corruption too since Paper Mario suddenly corrupt few day before. I had to backup save and reinstall. This corrupt happened after 1 day I do a backup FW which almost filling the storage. So my guess is the Paper Mario taking up save space in the corrupt sector when low SDcard empty space.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retroarch and some other homebrew I cant remember from earlier. As of yesterday (which my switch broke today), i can open and use checkpoint, edizon, AIO, breeze etc just fine. But i havent tried RA again after some times ago due to the long opening time. So I'm not sure if my attempt to checkdisk on sdcard but halfway cancel it half-fixing it or what.

My SD card could be walking toward corruption too since Paper Mario suddenly corrupt few day before. I had to backup save and reinstall. This corrupt happened after 1 day I do a backup FW which almost filling the storage. So my guess is the Paper Mario taking up save space in the corrupt sector when low SDcard empty space.
And how is your SD card formatted?

Azricc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
And how is your SD card formatted?
I haven't reformat this SD card since bought this from previous owner. The system is exfat.

I want to update that the issues have gone. The only things I have done to it is trying to scan and fix sd card when Windows said the card seems corrupted after inserting the sdcard reader into the USB.

During the scanning/fixing process, its taking too long so i cancelled it. I thought it doesn't resolve anything so I haven't tried running RetroArch at all after that.

Now after few weeks I tried it again it seems back to normal. My guess is the partial scanning/fixing process did reach the cluster and fix the problematic sector/bits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either