Slow game load times on some games

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by MrArcade, Dec 13, 2010.

1. MrArcade
    OP

MrArcade Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2009
    United States
    OK, I will try to explain this. I have been using a TTDS for over a year. Load times were always very fast. I had not done an update for quite a while. I started updating about a month ago. After the latest updates from RetroGameFan (thanks for the updates!), many games load very slow. It can take 1 to 3 minutes for games to load. Lego Indiana Jones 2 (59.18M) is a good example. It takes 2 minutes 57 seconds to load. Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 (41.49M) takes 1 minute 2 seconds, Marvel Nemesis Rise of the Imperfects (60.14M) takes 1 minute 8 seconds, Spyro Shadow Legacy (58.20M) takes 2 seconds.

Games used to take under 5 seconds...

Any ideas why the games are loading so slow now...and how I might fix it?

I erased the .sys files and let the cart make them new...no help

2. Jolan

Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Mar 20, 2010
    Netherlands, currently
    Have you tried formatting your SD card?

3. MrArcade
    OP

MrArcade Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2009
    United States
    Yes, I used the Panasonic format tool. It did not make any difference at all.

4. mathyuowns

mathyuowns Banned

Banned
    Nov 15, 2010
    your sd card is damaged as in scratched maybe you took it out and in to many times.

5. MrArcade
    OP

MrArcade Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2009
    United States
    I am setting up cards for nieces...same thing on the new cards with new microsd cards.
    I have our cart and 3 new ones with new pny 4gb cards...all load slow on most games...

6. mathyuowns

mathyuowns Banned

Banned
    Nov 15, 2010

post your system structure

7. Vigilante

Vigilante TempLurker

Jan 1, 2010
    CyberSpace IQ:OVER 9000
    How much space does your sd still have

8. mathyuowns

mathyuowns Banned

Banned
    Nov 15, 2010
    and i forgot put all your games in a Folder Named Games Dont leave them hanging in the root of the sd card that the main cause

9. MrArcade
    OP

MrArcade Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2009
    United States
    I think this may be a microsd quality issue. I bought a different 4gb card today at Radio Shack ($9.99) and it loads much faster, I think these pny cards might be junk. They work, they are just SLOW...

10. GMTN

GMTN Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    It's the bad batch of cards.

I had the same issues with a bunch of Taiwan Kingstons a while back. My recent ones for my boys are fine. Same games, much faster load times

11. injected11

injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

Jul 17, 2009
    United States
    Have you updated the infolib.dat file from Retro's pack? If the game's loading data is in this file, the game will load in ~3 seconds. If not, it will take significantly longer, or won't load at all.