Slow front page is slow

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Before I start I limited the front page to 10 articles so it's obviously going to be different to everyone (and probably worse)

qjiwY.png

Articles going back 6 days are still there. I realize GBAtemp staff wants to go away from 100% Nintendo so why not include some news from USN that people have posted? There's no 'gaming' news on my front page right now which is kinda weak..

I know USN mostly copies and pastes from other news sites, that's probably why there isn't anything on the front page but I can try (and maybe other people too?) to write up the news ourselves (like a summary and what's needed to know) and link to the source (that isn't just a blog (looking at that crap 3DS/Nintendo blog everyone seems to like these days) but a respectable source) so that Mag Staff would be able to front page it? There's probably about 10 (okay maybe not 10, 5) threads in the USN right now that could go on the front page.

Looking at the USN now and at how many views (not replies) these would be the most popular (counting just gaming news)
Junichi Masuda reveals Ns full name
Japanese Vita Pre-Orders Sell Out
Level-5 Vision 2011
Batman Arkham City plays on Wii U strengths
Mojang Wins Court Case (not many yet (still new) but it's kinda big news)

Anyway, opinions from anyone else? I don't wanna feel like the only dick here :C

Reactions: 1 person

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I post stuff myself every now and then but I dont have the time to do any more news posting.
However I keep telling the mag staff to do exactly what you just said. But apparently nobody in there listens to me, or maybe they just dont deem the news items appropriate enough to report them. Not that it takes much effort, a couple of minutes are enough to get something posted.
Something will have to be done about it one day.

Reactions: 4 people

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I agree, we need more general gaming news. Homebrew projects and general developer knowledge is interesting, sure, but this isn't 2007; people don't come here for that kind of stuff anymore. I'm not saying it should be dropped, that would be a very stupid thing to do (as well as a huge shame). Just that we need more general content, as prowler suggested maybe content from the USN forum. I know that many people never glance at the USN forum (including myself personally) which is also a shame, as people put a lot of time into something that doesn't get the attention it deserves.

tl;dr I agree with prowler_.
i thought we were talking the page loads slow. because it does. as does all of the temp after the upgrade.
This is the wrong thread for that.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
everything is slow getting like 10 sec delays here! have to hammer threads so they will load, refresh page, close browser and reload it's fucking annoying as hell! go back to your old version guys FFS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1