Hacking Slow FBI install after new sd card?

Timburpton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was using a 64gb card with 32kb cluster. Installing cias via FBI was relatively fast. 1.8gb in around 10 minutes.

However, I just got a 128gb card and I formatted it to 64kb cluster since apparently it is faster this way.
Now CIA installations take really long, It takes me about a minute or two or more for a 3mb cia.

Does anyone know why its so slow?

PS, the clock at the top seems to freeze when there isn't any progress and when the clock unfreezes there isn't a huge progress jump either.

Also, its legit. Tested with h2testw

Last edited by Timburpton,

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you buy it in a store, or did you bought it from an online dealer? Because it could be a fake one, I have a 64gb for my raspberry pi from alixpress and its a fake one. It's terrible slow, you can check the sd card with a lot of programs to see it's fake or not.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
I was using a 64gb card with 32kb cluster. Installing cias via FBI was relatively fast. 1.8gb in around 10 minutes.

However, I just got a 128gb card and I formatted it to 64kb cluster since apparently it is faster this way.
Now CIA installations take really long, It takes me about a minute or two or more for a 3mb cia.

Does anyone know why its so slow?

PS, the clock at the top seems to freeze when there isn't any progress and when the clock unfreezes there isn't a huge progress jump either.
Smaller alocation unit sizes perform better. Then having a 32 k cluster on a 128 gb card will perform better than a 64k cluster.
SOURCE

Timburpton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you buy it in a store, or did you bought it from an online dealer? Because it could be a fake one, I have a 64gb for my raspberry pi from alixpress and its a fake one. It's terrible slow, you can check the sd card with a lot of programs to see it's fake or not.

Its real.Tested with h2testw

Smaller alocation unit sizes perform better. Then having a 32 k cluster on a 128 gb card will perform better than a 64k cluster.
SOURCE

But, quite a few people say that 64kb clusters for 3ds is better. Faster too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.