Hardware Slow Down Mouse Speed with a Hotkey?

Jiehfeng

The One
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
There are times where I feel like my high DPI setting gets a bit difficult when I'm trying to make minute movements like adjusting a small volume slider. I thought of an idea where if I hold down Ctrl and move the mouse, it would move very slowly.

Is there such a thing already? My mouse is a Logitech one so I have GHub, I'm not sure if such a setting is there, there's a lot there. If anyone has any idea let me know please.
I could just switch a DPI profile, but in the long run it's cumbersome. A hotkey like Ctrl to slow down the DPI or movement would be pretty sweet.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That might depend upon the mouse -- some will have DPI in hardware, others might accept some kind of command at driver level (whether the mouse maker gives you a nice API or you get to figure it out yourself is a different matter). Personally I have buttons for it on the mouse but I have a mouse with loads of spare buttons.

You might also be thinking backwards about things. What about a script that tweaks Windows mouse sensitivity settings? I imagine some gaming types or graphics types already went there as well.

On sliders then sometimes there are button combos like shift and arrow keys to do smaller things than normal big clunking movements from arrow keys, anything with sensitive sliders might already have something extra as well. Equally if it is sliders and not a twitch game you could also go in for technique -- normally I palm my mouse but if I need that bit of extra sensitivity then changing to a thumb and little finger grip can do wonders.

ipixeldot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bio.link
XP
Country
United States
The Logitech G502 has a builtin DPI button where you can easily and quickly change your settings. Not only is that useful but it's a very good mouse and I highly recommend it. I believe they dropped the price on the wired version not too long. I know that does t exactly answer your question. But if you game, I have a tendency to use the infinite wheel on it to go through menus very quickly too (like in Fallout 76).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol