Hacking Discussion Slow booting SX emunand after switching from exFat to Fat32

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hello! I've had the switch from day one and I just made the "switch" from exfat to fat32. I used the program guitool, selected on the options Fat32 and allocation size 327668. Got all my files back to the card but now I've noticed that when I select the boot emunand option on sx bootloader it takes like a good 30 seconds stuck to get out of the sx bootloader and boot the emunand. Then it takes like 10 seconds on the switch logo too. After that everything looks good but that haves me worried. Is it normal on fat 32 for that to happen? Should I use another allocation size? The sd card is a good 200gb sandisk one so I'm sure that's not the problem. I know in advance that this is beta software and problems like this are to be expected but I just want to confirm If others using Fat32 are having this same result or if it's something on my end. Any help wold be appreciated.

I'll write my info here.
Sysnand: 6.1
Emunand: 6.1
Sx Os Ver: 2.3 Beta
SD Card: SanDisk Ultra 200gb XC1 Class10 A1
Format: Fat32 Allocation size 327668

I really want to stop worrying about data corruption and enjoy the rest of the switch like hacking scene.

Last edited by JJTapia19,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you want to keep it on fat32? I’m not sure what advantage it even gives you personally I never use fat32 it’s at a disadvantage for your hacked switch. Corruption is not down to exfat it will be 110% down to your micro sd card and a dirty sd reader slot on your switch at fault here, no relation to your cfw hacked switch whatsoever. I’ve always used exfat on 2 exploited switches using 200/400 sandisc ultra sd card setup with hidden partition emunand and I have never come across any corruption problems on my switch, ever!

Edit: by another sd reader for your switch and fit it, you might find that’s your issue I had to change one once on my first switch it worked flawless after that. There not very durable and do not last long with continuous pushing/clicking in & out with your micro sd card. Use ReplaceBase I use them regular there really good and efficient.

Last edited by Reecey,

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Did you solve your problem? I have similar problems
Yes. I had to backup my files and reformat again the sd card to fat32 using guiformat allocation size 327668 then copy the files back. Not sure what happened the first time since I did the exact same steps but after the second time everything has worked perfectly for months now.

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
For the record, I've had FAT32 since the beginning and haven't experienced any such problems. Afraid I can't be of much help though.
Yeah I couldn't find any other people with this problem when I had it so it seems to be really rare. Luckily a reformat fixed it.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
That is the first and only time I have ever read that here. Everyone and their mothers state the exact opposite.
Hes talking about data corruption problems on his switch not retroarch problems, he never mentioned that. Nothing wrong with exfat! that's rubbish talk most problems are down to the actual sd reader on the switch itself, it just cannot take constant pushing the sd card in & out the slot constantly, it's not designed for that much pressure, it goes faulty and that's why you get problems on your switch with corruption and other issues. A good, clean sd reader on your switch combined with an original genuine high quality micro sd card, it will work perfect on exfat!

Last edited by Reecey,

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I necer had any ExFat corruption, either, and used RetroArch to play NES and SNES roms without problems.

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4tb worth of nsps and Xcis with ZERO issues on exfat....

Just have a separate card for home brew as fat32.

Again there are zero issues with games and exfat only certain home brew

Reactions: SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you want to keep it on fat32? I’m not sure what advantage it even gives you personally I never use fat32 it’s at a disadvantage for your hacked switch. Corruption is not down to exfat it will be 110% down to your micro sd card and a dirty sd reader slot on your switch at fault here, no relation to your cfw hacked switch whatsoever. I’ve always used exfat on 2 exploited switches using 200/400 sandisc ultra sd card setup with hidden partition emunand and I have never come across any corruption problems on my switch, ever!

Edit: by another sd reader for your switch and fit it, you might find that’s your issue I had to change one once on my first switch it worked flawless after that. There not very durable and do not last long with continuous pushing/clicking in & out with your micro sd card. Use ReplaceBase I use them regular there really good and efficient.
actually its more likely to happen if your using homebrew on exfat, using homebrew apps increases the chance for your exfat to corrupt.

edit: just realized i bumped a year old thread :mellow:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: oh shit where??? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: