Hacking SLOT 2 vs. SLOT 1

jalapeno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone with a SLOT 2 device going to buy a SLOT 1 device?
-I'm still tossing up whether i should buy the m3 simply, r4 or nothing...

SLOT1

+FAST READ SPEEDS
+NO SLOW DOWN
+TOUCH SCREEN MENU
+DOWNLOAD PLAY
+WEB BROWSER

-GBA GAMES

*SAME COMPATIBILITY

Did i miss anything out?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
You missed the EZ-V out
wink.gif

In the features you also missed out the fact you generally wont need to patch roms anymore, just drag and drop.

Kaphis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
you can't just genearlize slot-1 like that......the only slot-1 that even match that list right now is the R4DS (the M3 one haven't been released yet so we don't know yet).....and the con for the R4DS is the company....we all know with flashcarts no matter with slot1 or slot2 ...company update is still what make and break the cart.....

the R4DS had problems with its early review versions (if you kept up to date with some of the chinese reviews) but was fixed with firmware update.

I don't think you can ever do a slot2 vs slot1 comparision because slot1 vs slot1 itself has such a big price range and feature.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Such a comparison table would be definitely a nice thing to have. I'm up with a slot 2 card myself but I have no clue if a switch to a slot 1 card is worth the fuzz at all. The only problem I have with my slot 2 so far is missing WiFi support ( can not connect to access points o.=.O ). How is WiFi support on those slot 1 solutions? Any better or worse?

tehcamel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
currently own a flashed nds and a supercard lite.

plan on buying an r4 as soon as realhotstuff gets em.

why
drag and drop
sleep mode
no slowndowns
skins
same great rom compatability.

skins should be listed last because all the other features i listed are more important to me. people are making badass skins for it though so i thought i should at least throw it up on the list.

*edit - should also mention that i dont play gba so i dont need the ram in my supercard eating up my battery life. the r4/m3 have a very simple pcb with very few chips. i think when it comes to battery life these 2 are also going to be great contenders.

corbs132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about for all the mac users out there (hint hint me) who don't feel like booting up parallels every time they want to patch a game? Drag and drop is a very nice feature...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like it when usps is like delivery expexted Today jk we meant tomorrow