Hacking Slot-2 Suggestions and Poke D/P pal park question

nothclif

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got a SC DSone around when they came out, haven't had any problems with it and have had a good experience. Now I'm looking for a slot-2 device to go with it. I was thinking about a SC miniSD but have heard it has slow downs in GBA games. I'm mainly looking for a Slot-2 to play GBA games.

Second part of my question is in pokemon D/P, can you transfer your pokemon from your save to the pal park? Do some Slot-2s do this and some don't? Also in D/P i heard only some pokemon appear in the wild when you have a GBA pokemon in the second slot, will d/p see the flashcart as say emerald?

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get PalPark or the GBA insertion pokemon to work with either a EZ2 or EZ4, not sure if anyone has got it working from a GBA game on a flash cart. I would think the best bet would be the EZ 3 in 1 but don't know if it works either.

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The Pal Park function will only work one of two ways

1. Pokemon D/P (Real cartridge or ROM on a flash cart-must be slot-1) and using a real GBA game cartridge (Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen or Emerald)

2. EZ Flash V with 3in1 Expansion pack.

The reason why it doesn't work with slot-2 flash carts that offer a GBA linkage solution (like M3's and EZ4's) is because the D/P ROM is looking for data from the save file which like the GBA ROM is patched. Therefore, that data is foreign to the game and it doesn't work.

The reason why it doesn't work using the 3in1 Expansion pack with slot-1 flash carts or the real game cartridge and why it works with the EZ-V is because not only is the save file patched on the 3in1, the D/P ROM on the EZ Flash V is patched.

nothclif

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to get a EZF patched rom onto a SCDS1, or use the DS1's patcher with the 3n1? I'm guessing not but can't hurt asking.

c0rderr0y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get PalPark or the GBA insertion pokemon to work with either a EZ2 or EZ4, not sure if anyone has got it working from a GBA game on a flash cart. I would think the best bet would be the EZ 3 in 1 but don't know if it works either.

Did you put the only one game and no rom loader on the slot 2 device?

larvi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get PalPark or the GBA insertion pokemon to work with either a EZ2 or EZ4, not sure if anyone has got it working from a GBA game on a flash cart.  I would think the best bet would be the EZ 3 in 1 but don't know if it works either.

Did you put the only one game and no rom loader on the slot 2 device?

Yes, I tried that on my EZ2. I also tried writing the pokemon game to NOR memory on the EZ4 and that didn't work either. I'm guessing it's like the pokemon box/Colosseum/XD GBA linkage. To the best of my knowledge that doesn't work with any flash card either.

I have legit copies of all the GBA games so it's not that big of a deal for me, but I don't like the idea that the transfers are only one way so I wanted to do it from a copy of my GBA games so I could transfer them to D/P and still have them on my advance games. What I ended up doing is using a utility to back up my current GBA saves, then I will restore them after I've transfered the pokes that I want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs