Slot-2 Solution

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by HyoImowano, Oct 10, 2007.

Oct 10, 2007

Slot-2 Solution by HyoImowano at 4:58 PM (940 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. HyoImowano
    OP

Member HyoImowano GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've been shopping around for a slot-2 solution to go with my R4 almost exclusively for the extra RAM for things like the web browser and homebrew such as Snemul that can make use of it. I'm pretty sure the EZFlash 3-in-1 has 16MB of usable RAM, the official Opera pack has 8Mb, and the M3 Perfect has 32MB. After digging a little it looks like the CycloDS Lite might also have 32MB, but be considerably cheaper than the M3 Perfect, does anybody know for sure? Is there a cart that has more RAM than that? [​IMG]

2. Wii_DS.

Banned Wii_DS. ウォリアー

United Kingdom
    Just get a 3-in-1 expansion pack.

3. roguetrip

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    does the patched opera browser even use all 16MB on a expansion 3in1? I have used it and its dog slow with netgear 802.11g wifi router! seems like a common complaint about the browser. Either way i love my 3in1 especially since it now also can be used with SNemulDS 0.6a

4. HyoImowano
    OP

United States
    The browser obviously only needs the 8MB in the official pack. My concern is for homebrew which will utilize as much as you can give it and I want to have the most flexibility and options I can.

5. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    more RAM is on no cart as 32 MB is the maximum the GBA slot can adress without bank switching.

6. Nitepanic

Newcomer Nitepanic Newbie

Canada
    Ez flash 3 in 1. HAve fun! 20 bucks on DX if I remember correctly when I bought it.

7. HyoImowano
    OP

United States
    Many thanks! [​IMG]