Slot 2 saves on Slot 1 cards

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by mr_blonde_88, Dec 29, 2006.

Dec 29, 2006
  1. mr_blonde_88
    OP

Member mr_blonde_88 Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That

United Kingdom
    So i have many DS Roms, all which ive played and saved in

Im waiting for the reviews until i buy a slot 1 card, but heres the thing, will i be able to use my saves (G6 Lite) on any or all of these slot 1 cards?

I really dont wanna start FFIII again, and i dont wanna lose all my WiFi scores and shiz

2. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I think most cards use RAW sav format, but only DS-X uses it's own compressed format, but with their new firmware they also support SuperCard's save format.

I don't know what kind of save format G6 uses, but for Final Fantasy III there's a save editor called Thundaga somewhere, which can open and save in both G6 as RAW and SuperCard format. So if it's not supported defaultly, I think it's possible to convert the format and then use it on the slot1 card, but I don't know of any of those convertors for all games or something. *-)

If compare the file saved as G6 sav format (saved with thundaga) with the RAW format, the only difference I see, is that G6 fills up the space with FF at the end of the file, so it might be just a matter of trimming

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Supposedly, the only difference between supercard .sav files and G6 .0 files is the filename. I can't test it as I only have a G6, but others have had success just renaming the files.

4. mr_blonde_88
    OP

Member mr_blonde_88 Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That

United Kingdom
    the guy who made the topic 'just got my SCone and R4' said on the CD came a program called Supercard/G6/M3 save converter

Woopwoop