Slot 2 saves on Slot 1 cards

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by mr_blonde_88, Dec 29, 2006.

1. mr_blonde_88
    OP

mr_blonde_88 Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That

Jul 18, 2006
    Bristol (UK)
    So i have many DS Roms, all which ive played and saved in

Im waiting for the reviews until i buy a slot 1 card, but heres the thing, will i be able to use my saves (G6 Lite) on any or all of these slot 1 cards?

I really dont wanna start FFIII again, and i dont wanna lose all my WiFi scores and shiz

2. Monkey01

Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I think most cards use RAW sav format, but only DS-X uses it's own compressed format, but with their new firmware they also support SuperCard's save format.

I don't know what kind of save format G6 uses, but for Final Fantasy III there's a save editor called Thundaga somewhere, which can open and save in both G6 as RAW and SuperCard format. So if it's not supported defaultly, I think it's possible to convert the format and then use it on the slot1 card, but I don't know of any of those convertors for all games or something. *-)

If compare the file saved as G6 sav format (saved with thundaga) with the RAW format, the only difference I see, is that G6 fills up the space with FF at the end of the file, so it might be just a matter of trimming

3. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Supposedly, the only difference between supercard .sav files and G6 .0 files is the filename. I can't test it as I only have a G6, but others have had success just renaming the files.

4. mr_blonde_88
    OP

mr_blonde_88 Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That

Jul 18, 2006
    Bristol (UK)
    the guy who made the topic 'just got my SCone and R4' said on the CD came a program called Supercard/G6/M3 save converter

Woopwoop

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice