Slot 2 M3 Perfect CF - M&L Bowser's Inside Story

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by kcajjones, Feb 17, 2010.

1. kcajjones
    OP

kcajjones Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2008
    I know it's old and outdated, but my slot 2 M3 Perfect CF has been good to me so far and every single game up until now I've managed to play without problems. The trouble is, I can't get Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story to work! It seems to load fine upto the main menu then crashes upon starting the game or the mic test. I know this hardware's outdated, but i wondered if there was a way to fix it to work as every other game that's had trouble since the last official firmware/software update has been fixed in some way to work! Thanks in advance!

2. House Spider

House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Banned
    Apr 25, 2009
    Dundalk
    No way, that I know of, to fix it

3. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    The newest firmware will get that game to work. This game has been working since last september. Have you been keeping up with the updates?

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=4374

NVM - I noticed your not using the M3DS flashcart. Isn't there a patch floating around for that game?

4. kcajjones
    OP

kcajjones Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2008
    Yeah there are several 'cracks' and patches but none seemed to work unfortunately [​IMG] I'm surprised someone didn't remove the protection from the game file and then release a 'clean' version that can be patched for use on any adapter

5. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    This is why passme is not recommended on games with anti-rom protection or oversized save files like Zelda ST.

6. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    I'd say throw in the towel and get a slot-1 flashcart; if you're a fan of M3, then you can get a M3i Zero for about $20-25. Otherwise get an Acekard 2i or an iEDGE

7. kcajjones
    OP

kcajjones Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2008
    I know it's pretty cheap to upgrade, but then I need to buy a MicroSD as well, and I like the fact I can play all my old GBA games on the M3CF too!

8. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    Keep the M3CF for GBA.
    Slot 1 for games on slot1...

It is kinda... like this...

Or you could go out and buy the mario game itself (GASP, BUYING!)

9. kcajjones
    OP

kcajjones Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2008
    That's crazy talk! [​IMG]