Hacking slot 2/gba card question

gblock247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, my apologies for I know this has been done to death. Second my questions.

I have an R4 as my slot 1. I want to play GBA games on my DS. I hear that the EZ Flash 3 in 1 is an easy slot 2 to use to accomplish this(and it's not that expensive). I do not need rumble and i want my games to save to the R4. The only games I am really looking to play are the DKCs, Super Mario Advances, Fire Pros, Dooms, and NES Classics. So is the EZ flash the best option for the DS for what I have and looking to do?

Second, I'm considering picking up a GBM. What is the best card to get to do/play what is said above(except with the ability to use MicroSD or at least the game saves aren't reliant on a battery).

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Classic nes/famicom mini: emulate them instead, NesDS if you are going for the DS side of things or pocketnes (Dwedit versions) or HVCA if you are going for the GBA.

2) What Jaejae said although M3 cards are not bad either (just make sure to not get the M3 professional or the EZ4 compact as they have reduced GBA capabilities)

gblock247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K with the NES emus...is there a limit to the amount of roms you can use on the DS in a single file? I use NESDS and you can only put 3MB of ROMS into the file and only one file per MicroSD card. If someone would be kind enough to post the essential files for PocketNES for the DS that would be great...Oh almost forgot, does PocketNES have the same no save problem with games like Zelda, Final Fantasy, etc and the NES DS? Thanks again
yaynds.gif

Edit: What about NesterDS? What is everyone's experience with it?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I normally use one of the frontends from http://www.pocketnes.org/downloads.html
or EZClient (the one for the EZ1/2).

HVCA is a bit more tricky:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/wiki/index.php?t...=NES#HVCA_usage (7zip works these days for decompression, I have not around to updating the article though).

FF1, 2 and 3 have GBA or DS incarnations (I know it eliminates hacks) but 3 definitely saves (I was playing it prior to the release of the DS port).

NesDS got the DLDI treatment when loopy/olimar appeared again a few months back so those problems should be a thing of the past.

GBA wise 16 megs if you want to use the 3 in1 ram or 32 if you do not mind using the NOR.

gblock247

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NesDS got the DLDI treatment when loopy/olimar appeared again a few months back so those problems should be a thing of the past.

can you post a link to an updated NesDS please? and what doesn that mean? how would I save? Thanks
smile.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition, the 3 DKC series can be emulated fairly well in SNEmulDS. You have to mess with the graphics at times, but they work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.