Slot-2 for DSL

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by KazoWAR, May 18, 2009.

May 18, 2009

Slot-2 for DSL by KazoWAR at 1:14 AM (811 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. KazoWAR
    OP

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I was thinking of getting a slot-2 cart for GBA games. Now, I do not want a slot-2 ram card for a slot-1 cart, because in the past I have problems with save files disappearing and stuff. I think it has to do with the fact it needs to be rebooted for it to write the save file to the micro SD in slot-1. I just don't what to deal with it anymore. So, I do not know what to get. Should I get a slot-2 DS flash cart that supports GBA or a GBA flash cart? i was Thinking of the M3 Lite for the fact it takes Micro SD and is the size of the DSL dust cover. Does it write the save file for GBA in real time, or dose it need to be rebooted again to do so? Also, does it work in GBA mode for GBA only games?

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    M3s are quite rare these days, and the few places that still have them in stock are selling them for prices as high as 80$. IIRC, even the M3 Lite only stores the save temporarily just to save it to file on the next reboot. The only GBA flashcards that directly save are the GBA dedicated ones. And yes, it works in GBA mode.

Slot-2 SuperCards suck massively as in GBA support, and you also have to do a Quick Power Cycle to let them save.

Another interesting card would be the EZ-Flash IV, but I've never got one, personally.

I guess your best bet would be an EZFlash3-in-1. I've got one and it still retains a save of a game I've played something like 6 months ago. Never lost a save or anything.

3. KazoWAR
    OP

Member KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Thanks, I guess ill give the EZ-Flash3-in-1 a try.