Homebrew Slot 2 flashcard snes emulators

avi58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a friend that has a slot 2 flashcard but he uses to play gba roms (in fact i thing it is a gba flahscard instead of a slot 2 ds flascard). He complains that he brought too much memory and the gba roms are too small so he wants to use the extra space to put in snes roms, which emulator should he use?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he's limited to GBA mode, he'll need to use either SNES Advance or Snezziboy. Both require a tiny bit of setup though.

SNES Advance: grab the updated snesadvance.dat file from http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3366 and overwrite the old one. Create your compilations, making sure that each compilation is 32 MB in size or less.

Snezziboy: grab the updated snesadvance.dat file and put it in your Snezziboy folder. Rename the current snezzi.dat file to something else, then rename snesadvance.dat to snezzi.dat. Open both files up with Notepad and turn off Word Wrap. You'll notice that what used to be called snezzi.dat is much smaller in size. Look in this smaller list for any games you wish to play in Snezziboy and copy them over to the much larger file, overwriting the old entries for the games.

The reason you do this for Snezziboy is because nearly all SNES Advance patches work for Snezziboy except a few for a few select games. The special settings for these few games are stored in the snezzi.dat file that comes with the download. By combining them, you gain the speedhacks and patches of the much larger snesadvance.dat file combined with the hacks for the games that require Snezziboy-specific patches.

Once you've combined the dat files, drag and drop your games onto snezzi.exe to create a GAMENAME.smc.gba file for use on a GBA flash cart. In-game, press L+R+Start to enter the config menu and configure your controls. See http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Snezziboy for a more complete user guide.

I realize that this post is confusing, so let me know if you need help with it.

Keep in mind that SNES emulation on the GBA is slower than full speed and lacks sound. It's not the greatest, but many games are playable and enjoyable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Contra DS