slot 2 card... gonna make a decision soon...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by aphexpusher, Feb 2, 2007.

1. aphexpusher
    OP

Member aphexpusher GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ok I have come down to 3 choices that I like the best. m3 lite, g6 lite, and the ez flash 4. now here are some questions:

1. I know the ez flash 4 has the best gba support however how bad in comparison are the m3 and g6? are they really that further behind ez flash 4? is it like 99 percent for ez flash 4 and m3/g6 in a close 98 percent compatability??

2. I know the m3 and g6 beat the ez flash 4 in homebrew.. now not that I care so much becuase my r4 serves me well in this area but it could be a deal breaker. which is better at homebrew? m3 or g6? same?

3.after reading the review of the ez flash 4 I know its build quality is lacking. but I know both the g6 and m3 are good quality. are the m3 and g6 basically the same as far as build quality?

4. I know the m3 has a replacment gba case and you can supposidly play the m3 lite in a gba/ gba sp. how about the ez flash 4 or the g6 lite? can the ez flash 4 be put in a gba case of some sort?

5. what are the positives and negatives between the m3 and g6? is there some kind of versus review out there? how do these kits stack up to each other?

6. the only thing keeping my eye on the ez flash 4 is the fact that everybody says it has the best A number one compatibility for gba roms. everything else I have read doesnt strike me as all that interesting. and its build quality seems not too good... also the fact that it is gonna stick out of the ndsl bothers me. I love how the g6 and m3 look in the ndsl. nice and flush. cosmetic? yes I know but it matters to me. anyways with all these negatives is it really worth the compatability? or should I just deal with a few roms not working and get a g6/m3?

7. do each of these companies update thier software frequetly?

sorry for the massive post. and thank you all for your input. gbatemp has been very good to me. if it wasnt for gbatemp I would have bought a ds x instead of a r4. for that I am in debt to the reviewers here. thanks for your help! [​IMG]

2. Little

Member Little I r Little

United Kingdom
    supercard mini sd =p

3. plasticmonkeys

Newcomer plasticmonkeys Member

United States
    I have an ez-flashIV and an m3sd so i'll try to answer you questions:

1)Pretty much for ez-flash4 the gba support is pretty much 99% without the RCT for pkmn games and the sun-gauage for bokuta games and pretty much the m3/g6 are the same with ez-flash4

2)i say if you choose ither m3 or g6 for homebrew, why not choose m3 since you have no limit over the storage space in the flashcart to put homebrew in

3)ez-flash4 build quality is lacking but still stands up to the beating. From reading the reviews its seems like both the m3 and g6 are pretty solid and the same but just m3lite is a bit tighter compare to g6

4)there is a mod to put an ez-flash4 into a gba case over at sosuke-ez-flash forum but i cant find it now and the g6 should also have an gba casing to change into if needed to be in a gba case

5)Im not sure but they seem pretty much the same but with little differences like no touch screen GUI(on m3) or limited storage(on g6)

6)Well compare to Supercard and Ezflash which are the cheaper solution for slot-2 flashcarts, of course it has better gba compatibility but the m3lite and g6 are just overly priced but if you're into cosmetic then I just advise you to go with m3 or g6 unless you want to do sanding on those ez-flash4 carts

7)well they do update but how frequently are you asking for? for ez flash4 they dont need much update on their client patcher and kernel, just an update on their nds-rom list which does get updated on a day to day basis if a new rom is realeased.
    for m3/g6 im not sure I dont hear much of it on gbanet but it probably doesnt matter.

hope this will help you.

4. jlf278

Newcomer jlf278 Member

United States
    I just made a similar decision and bought an R4/ G6 lite combo from bamboogaming. I asked around and read up. The g6 lite's main benefit is the speed of the memory. Since you have an R4 already, you don't need to worry about it having _only_ 512MB, and you'll be able to play any game without slowdown (aka castlevania). So I'd take the M3 out of the running. I personally like the flush fit a lot and am 25 with a job. I can see how many people wouldn't spend even $5 extra for that, but that's really just your taste vs. budget.

Edit: I forgot to mention that M3 is the only one of the three that will let you use the Opera Browser on your R4 (for now).

5. TeraS

Member TeraS GBAtemp Regular

go for supercard lite much better than the rest! runs everything for me [​IMG] was a great buy

6. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    1) The m3 and g6 has similar GBA capabilities as EZ4, but there are a couple games that EZ4 has going for it that makes it the best GBA cart out there....which is always what the EZ team is known for.

2) M3 is better than g6 in general for homebrew.

3) The m3 and g6 are both well built physically, however, you'll notice the g6 lite owners have a significant higher corruption rate/problems versus m3 lite. I've experienced problems with the g6 lite first hand and have never had any problems with m3 SD and all of my m3 lites. My original g6 3rd gens hold up still quite well though.

4) Not sure about the ez4, but the g6lite has a case to put in GBA Sp's (original GBA game size)

5) M3's strengths, higher storage, better homebrew support, easy skinning, less problems. G6's strengths, onboard memory is quick, easy to use (pretty much same as m3 though, but slightly easier). The m3 lite is the one to pick from my experience.

6) I'd say just deal with the couple roms that doesn't work and go with the m3 lite..but if GBA is important to you, consider the EZ.

7) Yes, both reputable in the flashcart business.

7. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    Since you two are shilling for the cards you own, how can you possibly say the GBA support is on par with the others?

The original post made comments regarding GBA compatibility.

8. aphexpusher
    OP

United States
    wow great feedback. I havent made the decision just yet but I feel like Im starting to lean more towards the m3 lite. whats a handful of gba roms that I cant play on it? not a big deal compared to build quality and such...

9. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    Let's put it this way, I've tried about every major title that I liked on the GBA on the m3 lite and I haven't had one not work perfectly. Maybe someone else can chime in here because I'm not so clear with the roms that don't work. Here's the m3wiki compatibility list for GBA:

http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php/M3_gba_roms

Although it's far from complete on all games, @ least you can get an idea of which popular games don't work....if any.

10. diglett

Member diglett GBAtemp Regular

United States
  11. aphexpusher
    OP

United States
    one really quick question. do you have to patch the gba roms prior to loading?

12. GBA_Temper

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    GO FOR G6 LITE!!!! ITS VERY GOOD

13. diglett

Member diglett GBAtemp Regular

United States
  14. aphexpusher
    OP

United States
    well I think I have made my decision. it just feels right to get an m3... if it wasnt for the little bit sticking out on the ez flash 4...

15. kalibar

Member kalibar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    An added bonus to choosing M3 over G6 or EZ4 is that you can run a hacked version of the DS Browser (Opera) on your R4 that uses an M3 Lite as its RAM expansion pack. It's not a great piece of software or anything, but it's kinda cool to be able to have Opera.

16. aphexpusher
    OP

United States
    neat! [​IMG]