Slot 2 card for Lite DS for playing GBA games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by FullgoreEXE, Mar 25, 2007.

1. FullgoreEXE
    OP

Member FullgoreEXE GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Well, I had finally gotten a black DS Lite, and my EZFA is getting a little old, as well as the fact that the GBA cartridges stick out of a Lite. So, I'm looking for a flashing device that can play GBA games, on a DS Lite (One that is as small as the GBA slot on the DS Lite - no sticking out). I've already ordered an R4 and expect it to be here any time soon, so NDS games won't be a problem at all.

Help is greatly appreciated.

2. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the cheapest one would be the ez flash V expansion set, it can only hold 1 rom at a time though, but it lets you browse the interent since it has ram, and not to mention since its a single loader, it can use use cheat codes, so you use dipstar (gameshark for ds roms) on your R4.

The other options are the Supercard (not recommended it has slow downs on gba games), the ez flash iv (not flush sticks out a little), the M3 (really nice but expensive able to use dipstar), G6 (really good as well, but expensive able to use dipstar).

3. FullgoreEXE
    OP

Canada
    Can the M3 and G6 hold a lot of GBA games, and do they have ram for going online?

4. Lurick

Newcomer Lurick Advanced Member

United States
    The M3 Perfect can hold as many ROMs as you can fit onto the MicroSD card you put into it ... it's not integrated memory, like the G6 is. It requires you to find a memory card for it yourself.

That's more of a pro rather than a con, however ... it allows you to upgrade at a whim. This is, of course, referring to the M3 Perfect Lite. Whatever you do, don't get the Professional edition of you're interested in GBA. It has some severe limitations all around that prevent you from playing all but the smallest games.

5. FullgoreEXE
    OP

Canada
    Darn, well.. I'm not quite sure on which one to get.

Does any of the following come in a black color (for my black ds lite):
    ez flash V expansion set
    M3 Perfect Lite
    G6 Lite

I'm looking for something cheap, something that comes in black, something that sticks in the slot nicely, something that is reliable, and something that can play GBA games. I don't really care of the internet browser.

6. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    EZV expansion comes only in black

In fact, all of the following come in black (from most stores anyway)

7. -EX-

Banned -EX- Racer

Japan
    If you don't care about the browser, take the EZIV Deluxe then. It does NOT stick AFAIK, the original EZIV Lite did, but the deluxe version is the same size as DS Lite dust cover. It's one of the cheapest DS Lite sized gba flashcards, although it doesn't have RTC (for all of you pokemon freaks). If you ARE a pokemon freak then get G6 or M3. I have the expansion pack though, it's really nice for gba linkage and the browser, also rumble (in the future). I also have the minisd version of EZIV for my GB Micro, so I can say it has a very good compatibility (aside from pokemons of course), the deluxe version uses the same software and slightly modified hardware, so it's good, I'm sure. EZ4 cards cannot use the browser yet though (Cory, help us! we know you can).

And DO NOT get a Supercard, I have one. It's really great for NDS games and (arguebly) the BEST for homebrew, but it's so bad with GBA to the point that it's disgusting.

8. FullgoreEXE
    OP

Canada
    RTC = ..? I am a pokemon freak, but I can play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl on my R4. Anyways, thanks a bunch. I think the EZIV Deluxe would be good for me.

Does the EZ IV Deluxe use microSD cards? If not, how much memory does it have?

9. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Yeah the deluxe uses microSD, quality (provided it is halfway decent) will not matter either.
    The EZ4 deluxe also sports an extra 384mbit (48mbyte, average GBA is 8 or 16) of memory onboard for GBA games.

With regard to RTC (for pokemon) this thread should explain it all:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=47062&hl=

10. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the ez flash iv is not flush you will need to file it down.it sticks out just a little bit, the other flash carts are flush, but its easy to mod to make it flush takes about 30 minutes of sanding down the cartridges.

here is a pic of how someone made it flush.

http://daemonunlimited.com/images/Modding_EZ4Lite_Case.jpg
    [​IMG]