Hacking Slot 2 card compatible w/R4

Grand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK my R4 is outfitted nicely to play NES, Sega Master System, Genesis, ScummVM, Gameboy, and Gameboy Color games.

However, I need a slot 2 device for the GBA games.

I've heard that the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 will work.

This one

Is there any difference between the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 and the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Plus?

Can anyone tell me if this is true? Can anyone recommend any slot 2 devices that'll work alongside my R4?

Also, does anyone have experience with Dealwoot.com? Are they trustworthy? I used to get my stuff from Amazon but as I'm sure many of you know, all flash carts have been removed from there.

I've been reading on the forums here and turns out the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 has battery problems? Shit I don't want that. Are there any other alternatives? Is the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Plus any better?

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently the carts I use are: R4 and E-Link (for my NDSPhat); AceKard 2i and EZ Flash 3-in-1(for my NDSL)

I've had the R4 and E-Link 1G(128 MB) for quite a while now. I think I got a faulty one, it wouldn't save normally but it doesn't matter since my Real-Time Saves stay...somehow. All in all, it's a pretty decent card but that bad things are that it has very few troubleshoot support, a software is required to FLASH games, and that software can only delete the most recent games. Meaning, if you want to delete an older game, you must delete the ones you flashed after that older game. It also doesn't have an accessible driver unlike the R4 Micro-SD, so obviously no drag-n-drops.

But! If you're just looking for a decently cheap cart with pretty good GBA compatibility, I'd totally recommend it. It runs everything I've laid on it so far(remember to follow the directions correctly, it's easy!). Real time save isn't so bad either. And I've read somewhere that its battery is rechargable. You can back-up the saves or write saves to the cart, so I guess that's ok. Another neat thing I like about it is that you don't have to deal with the problem EZ Flash 3 in 1 has, like patching everytime I want to play a new game. And if the rechargable battery rumor is true, you'll probably never lose your saves.

It's cheat compatibility is pretty limited, since it's in chinese (sometimes engrish). But I rarely use cheats anyways. And if I needed to, I just back up the save to visualboy advance and get it done.

So if you're willing to deal with the software, it'll be a cruise using the E-Link. GBASP reads it, NDS(no flashcart) reads it, NDS(R4) reads it. Although some cards like Acekard 2 don't, you can boot it from NDS menu anyways.

Oh! It comes in NDS Phat and NDSL size too! My pick on ideal cart is the E-Link since I hate flashing games and real-time save is always a plus. EZ Flash also has nonexistant cheat compatibility.

Other slot-2 choices would be M3 Lite Perfect (ideally best cart[or so I've heard]), or the EZ Flash IV. M3 is pretty dang rare and expensive (it gets to about $70 USD) and EZ Flash IV is just scarce nowadays, especially in NDSL size. But don't take my word on these two carts, I don't have them! :]

Hope it helps. - Ballistic

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand, the 3in1 Plus currently is not fully supported by the GBA ExpLoader software. GBA games will work, but the rumble and RAM do not work at the moment. This may change, or it might have already changed and I'm behind the times, but it's definitely something to look at before you buy anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE