Slot 1 solution discussion

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by chrishk15, Dec 6, 2006.

Dec 6, 2006

Slot 1 solution discussion by chrishk15 at 2:38 PM (929 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. chrishk15
    OP

Newcomer chrishk15 Member

United States
    I think with all the fuss about slot 1 solutions we should have a thread to discuss it more specifically. I myself have been waiting for sometime for a good ds slot one solution, was disapointed by the ninjaX9, acekard, and ninjaDS...and to me the DSX is a slap in the face when seeing how much onboard memory is available given it's price tag. It feels like to me they are capitalizing on the good software and programing. They know there product is better at the moment so they can charge allot more for allot less memory. This day in age, 130 bucks...wow, and for only 512MB?. That's just silly, so i'm going to wait until i hear what ninjads micro has to say, and i'm going to wait for ewin3 to comment aswell.

2. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    I'm also still waiting for more prducts to be released. I hope that MicroNinja gets a good review because I'm really looking forward to it.

3. chrishk15
    OP

United States
    yeah me to, but I was pretty close to getting the ewin2 and letting it stick out off my ds. It seems like all slot 1 solutions are just not making the cut for one reason or another, but i really do think the ewin 3, or the ninjads micro are going to slaughter the DS X..i mean if the ewin 2 just fit flush into the ds lite i would buy that over the dsx, it's ashame the dsx isn't atleast 1GB, because i would pay 130 for the convenience and the 1GB

4. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

United States
    I'm waiting to see what the SuperCard team comes out with for Slot 1.

5. coops024

Member coops024 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well I bought a DS-X about 2 months ago and not looked back since !

Yeah 512mb isnt masses but lets look at it logicly.

I have way over 10GB of applications for my ds, so wouldnt be able to have them all on a slot 1 device. (or 10 - 15 Micro SD cards) So they are all on my PC and backed up on DVD's.

Movies on the DS are poor quality so I dont want to keep them on there and MP3's are all stored on my mobile (which I need to cary with me for work) (and because I need a phone anyway)

So having 6 - 8 apps on my DS-X at once just means that I need to change the apps every so often ! (New one comes out ... take an old one off and keep the .sav file on your PC !)

Some guy has even made a DS-X manager for windows to make things easier ! (just like syncronising your Ipod !)

The logic is If I have 512MB device and you have 2GB we would both have to delete some old apps to make room for new ones !

Well this is just my opinion and I would recommend DS-X to anyone. !

6. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States

ditto. M3/G6 too.

7. chrishk15
    OP

United States
    I agree completely, 100%, but when your selling the thing for 130 bucks...well then the argument changes considerably. DUDE, 130 dollars! that's laughable really..the ds lite costs that much brand new, i'm not saying the DSX is bad at all, it's awesome, but not for the price. I could buy 4 real life ds games. Not implying that the ones I'm going to have aren't going to be store bought, because they are, and then i'm going to flash them to my personal backup device...cough...i would buy the dsx as a nice solution if it were in the 50 to 70 dollar range. but the lack of expandable memory, or lack of exceptable internal memory aren't things to ignore.

8. Hypnotoad

Member Hypnotoad GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Waiting.