Slot-1 solution battery life

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Mystic-Homer, Dec 18, 2006.

Dec 18, 2006
  1. Mystic-Homer
    OP

Member Mystic-Homer GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Has it been proven/tested that you get more battery life from Slot-1 solutions over Slot-2's?

I'm especially interested in the M3 and SC Slot-1's... Any info would be appreciated.

2. FuManChuu

Member FuManChuu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is beyond important to me as well... in fact, it is the only reason i'd upgrade from my SC Rumble... But if I could get a couple more hours, I'm in.

3. dblank

Newcomer dblank Advanced Member

Which slot a device runs in is basically irrelevant, as what's more important is the power consumption of the various electrical components used inside the cart itself.

Most carts, wether using slot 1 or 2, use low power components.

LCD brightness, audio, and WIFI are much more likely to cause battery drain than the components inside a typical flash cart.

4. Mystic-Homer
    OP

Member Mystic-Homer GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yeah, I know that other things affect battery life more, but I was just wondering whether only using Slot-1 (since it's both a flashcart and passme device) would reduce the battery consumed...

'Cause I know that when you flash your NDS' firmware and use a Slot-2, you have no need for a passme device, and it *supposedly* makes battery life at least 30 mins to 1 hour better than say if you used both a passme device in Slot-1 and the same flashcart in Slot-2.

Anyway, the battery life reduction (if it exists) is probably not that noticeable... You'd have to be paying somewhat close attention to notice. (eg: logging playtime from 100% charge to automatic shut-off)