Hacking Slot 1 pin bent

AngelSL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
It still can play games, although sometimes the bent pin contacts the wrong contact (I'm using a black PCB AK2.1 which doesn't have the seperators). It also scratches the pcb occasionally (not a problem.. yet).

I'm afraid it will break one day or stop being able to read the ROM.

What should I do?

NDS Lite, with black PCB AK2.1, no warranty.

I don't want to open the DS.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Be very careful if you try to bend it back, I fatigued a pin a few years back and it took quite a bit of effort to fix.

Best way really is to open it but a small screwdriver should be able to bend it back, it is not so much bending you should be worried about though as what usually happens is the pin comes unseated.

Another option is to add separators to the acekard, get a cheap DS game (and if you are going to tell me there are none in Singapore then.....) and swap the back covers.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have replaced the slot 1 on a DS lite. It does take time and you do have to be careful but it can be done - I replaced with a used slot from another board but this was very problematic - it is better to get a new slot 1 unit for £10 or so. You will need a tri wing screwdriver, small soldering iron, solder sucker with solder and a long thin knife. If you have no soldering experience then do not attempt to do it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: