Slot 1 No Patcher Test

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by NESticle, Jan 20, 2007.

Jan 20, 2007

Slot 1 No Patcher Test by NESticle at 4:58 AM (598 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. NESticle
    OP

Newcomer NESticle Member

United States
    "An application developped by programmer openchip has been floating around lately. It supposedly helps you find out whether your slot-1 flashkit truly supports clean roms or at the contrary patches the clean rom on the fly without you noticing. We have tested this application on various flashcards using formatted microSD & latest loader for every flashkit we tested & the results aren't encouraging:

SC DS: Clean ROM no-patch play:NO
    DS-X : Clean ROM no-patch play:NO
    EZ- V: Clean ROM no-patch play:NO
    X9 TF: Clean ROM no-patch play:NO
    Acekard: Clean ROM no-patch play:NO
    R4: Clean ROM no-patch play:NO
    M3 DS Simply: Clean ROM no-patch play:NO"

If our hardware is patching the rom on the fly, does this explain some problems with download play, Castlevania POR, Tony Hawk?

My question is...has anyone tried the already patched roms? If I patched Castlevania POR then the M3 wouldn't have to patch it on the fly. This could be the problem.

I could be way off on this, so please post your thoughts.

2. manomanx2

Newcomer manomanx2 Advanced Member

United States
    Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of avoiding patching roms? Seeing as patching is was fucks with download play, it wouldn't make sense to use patched roms and hope it works differently. Also, I'm pretty sure the R4 and M3 are incapable of using patched roms, although I have never bothered to test it myself.