Madrigal

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the M3 Lite isn't even out yet and word from M3 is that they are already in the process of releasing yet another cart. This one will be a slot 1 solution (in other words, it's the same size as a DS game and goes in the DS slot). No word on release date yet, but the chip has already been sent to manufacturing.

This info comes from the admin of the Unofficial Supercard Site:

QUOTE said:
I got word from Danny that the M3's version of the DS-Xtreme (DS slot loading mod) is done. They are waiting for the chip maker to complete with the mass production of there chip. There will be 2 versions, 1: A Micro SD cart and 2: A internal memory unit (like G6 has) and will come in 4G & 8G. BOTH versions have passme built into them.

The biggest news here is that the G6 version will be available in 8G (2GB). A DS solution with 2GB internal memory? Sign me up!!

lotto996

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I may be way off base here, buuuuuut, its my understanding that if you use a "Slot 1" device, that you can use Clean Dumps. And if you can use clean dumps, wouldnt that mean that single card multiplayer should work with unflashed DSes? In otherwords, do these new "Slot 1" devices allow people using flashcarts to finally play local single card multiplayer with people who dont have modified DSs?

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if it has a built in apssme i can get one as it can boot any cart in the gba slot so i will have double capacity while having full speed using internal memory.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Expected but great news
smile.gif
The DS scene has come a long way!

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I hope this is true and that those new M3s won't cost too much, so I can buy one asap =))
Oh, and let's hope that they'll accept clean dumps, so we can finally make local multiplayer working w/o flashme!

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
if it doesn't play gba roms then it is dog shit

No, if a dog ate it and pooped it out, THEN it would be dog shit. Personally, i'm not too fond of the slot 1 flash cards. I like the idea of buying a flash card and being able to play DS games AND gba games from it. I'll just stick with a M3L and PC3 solution here thanks
smile.gif

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I don't care about GBA games, I have 2 GBA flash carts and an M3SD capable of playing GBA games, I don't give a damn about a DS flash being able to play GBA games. I want it to play clean dumps of NDS games.

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope it doesn't cost like 120$ for it because that is way too much for it IMO. Maybe the G6 version can cost that much since the memory is built in, but heck, at that point I'll buy another DS Lite, lol. Can't wait for the M3 release and the price point given. I was planning on geting one of the Lite gen flashcarts, but now this comes out, lol.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is zero advantage to slicing out the GBA support

Yes there is. Most of the current cards either use removable media or NAND memory to store games, neither of which are fast enough for use as GBA media (fine for DS software though). To get around this these cards have a chunk of RAM to copy the software to before it's executed. This RAM costs money and takes up PCB real estate, if you don't support GBA then you don't need this extra RAM thus allowing for cheaper, smaller carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)