SLOT 1 Homebrew

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by jono_, Dec 21, 2006.

Dec 21, 2006

SLOT 1 Homebrew by jono_ at 6:16 PM (675 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. jono_
    OP

Member jono_ GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    so they all brag clean roms download play etc.

but homebrew?

scummVM?
    organise?
    etc.

how many have the homebrew down?

2. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
  3. jono_
    OP

Member jono_ GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    the table? it hasnt got the new cards yet, but i reckon m3 and suparcard ones will be decent yeah?

4. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I'm not sure, but I think that new slot1 cards will require new fatdrivers or something and that the homebrewers need to update their stuff with those new lib's to make it work on those devices. (with exception for ds-x which has some kind of system which make it work without modification for most apps anyway)
    So it will depend on when the company releases the drivers and the popularity of the devices, when the homebrew will work fine then...

EZ5 claims to release their libs as soon as they release the product. And since they're a good company I believe it will be released somewhere around then.
    SuperCard DS 1, I'm not sure when, but afaik they're quite popular atm in homebrew, so I think they will be with their slot1 too.
    M3 Simply, well while the M3 slot2 devices where all okay, the G6 (which was from the same company) never released their fat drivers so that it took other people years to make one, which is harder if you didn't make the device I assume... But M3 is popular, so it will probably go fine too.
    NinjaPass X9, I don't think those arseholes care too much about homebrewers, but I think they said "soon" a few months ago. 8-)
    AceKard, they have their own AFKS filesystem instead of FAT, so even if they released it, it would be somewhat harder to implement it in the homebrew, so just don't buy this card for the homebrew...
    And I think I've read somewhere that the NinjaDS homebrew stuff has improved since the review @gbatemp, but I don't know if there's a compatibility list anywhere.
    R4, I don't know, just wait a little more for the review. [​IMG]
    And well, mediagamer and dslinker will just be totally crap I suppose, so homebrew compatibility will probably suck too.

So for the homebrew I think you're best to stick with the well-known companies like ds-x, ez5, supercard or m3...