Slot 1 Compatibility ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by garry35, Jan 7, 2007.

1. garry35
    OP

garry35 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2006
    i have noticed that some cards allow patched or clean roms. obviously patching improves compatibility, so should i go for a card with both patched or clean roms or just go for a card that needs clean roms.. ? [​IMG]

2. Monkey01

Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Carts like R4=M3Simply, AceKard and DSLinker have 100% compatibility without needing to patch, so there's not much to improve by patching anyway.
    And SuperCard DS One does come with the choice of patching/clean while not having 100% compatibility.
    And EZ5 I believe has 100% compatibility on clean roms, but some patched roms won't work I believe.

So patching doesn't really improve the compatibility as many devices which don't patch have 100% compat anyway.
    So only choose for patch-choice carts if you want extra options like SoftReset or Saving without having to turn the DS off/on or something. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice