teapea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
with the new breed of slot 1 cards coming out will the opera browser ever be able to be put on a fashcart?

i would love this - i only ever play NDS games, not interested in GBA - so keeping the extra RAM which came with opera in at all times, yet having just 1 card in my slot 1 containnig all my games and broswer would be so much more ideal.

it seems my perfect solution doesnt exist yet...

D

Djammer

i think it is just a matter of time before a team cracks this anyway....allowing it to be run a flashccarts....

cheers...

~djammer

Tank5890

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You want to put the Opera Browser on a slot-1 cart and keep the RAM pack in slot-2? That should already work just fine, has anyone said otherwise?

teapea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cyberdude93 - that's exactly what i want to do, i've just never seen anyone say it's possible or not.

i don't want to buy a slot 1 flashcart only to find out i cant do this, in which case i'd prefer to go down the m3 lite route - and just have to change the GBA cart each time i want to use the browser.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Opera browser works just fine as a ROM on any slot-1 device, but you MUST have the RAM expansion pak in the GBA slot.
smile.gif

aletorchic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
The Opera browser works just fine as a ROM on any slot-1 device, but you MUST have the RAM expansion pak in the GBA slot.
smile.gif
AFAIK the RAM expansion pak is only sold bundled with the Opera browser....
Did anybody try to run the [patched]browser from a slot-1 card while using a slot 2 card (maybe with RAM , e.g. SC) as memory pack?
It would be great!

alexp2_ad

Certified Smart Ass
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smile.gif

Did anybody try to run the [patched]browser from a slot-1 card while using a slot 2 card (maybe with RAM , e.g. SC) as memory pack?
It would be great!
No.

I personally don't think that'll ever be done, short of a flashcard company distributing their flashcard with a RAM expansion.

And yes the RAM pack is only sold with the browser, but being able to run the ROM with the ram pack is still useful, so people don't need to carry multiple carts.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No.

I personally don't think that'll ever be done, short of a flashcard company distributing their flashcard with a RAM expansion.

And yes the RAM pack is only sold with the browser, but being able to run the ROM with the ram pack is still useful, so people don't need to carry multiple carts.
Most of the "slot 2" adapters already have a "RAM expansion" in the form of PSRAM or SDRAM, its just a matter of whether or not someone has the skill/desire to hack opera to work with a non-standard RAM cart... alot of work for a browser if you ask me.

aletorchic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
smile.gif

It would be great!
No.

YES!
THEY DID!
Great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr