Slot 1 cards and Opera

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by teapea, Oct 23, 2006.

Oct 23, 2006

Slot 1 cards and Opera by teapea at 3:03 PM (1,587 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. teapea
    OP

Newcomer teapea Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    with the new breed of slot 1 cards coming out will the opera browser ever be able to be put on a fashcart?

i would love this - i only ever play NDS games, not interested in GBA - so keeping the extra RAM which came with opera in at all times, yet having just 1 card in my slot 1 containnig all my games and broswer would be so much more ideal.

it seems my perfect solution doesnt exist yet...

2. Djammer

Djammer Newbie

i think it is just a matter of time before a team cracks this anyway....allowing it to be run a flashccarts....

cheers...

~djammer

3. Cyberdude93

Newcomer Cyberdude93 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    You want to put the Opera Browser on a slot-1 cart and keep the RAM pack in slot-2? That should already work just fine, has anyone said otherwise?

4. teapea
    OP

United Kingdom
    cyberdude93 - that's exactly what i want to do, i've just never seen anyone say it's possible or not.

i don't want to buy a slot 1 flashcart only to find out i cant do this, in which case i'd prefer to go down the m3 lite route - and just have to change the GBA cart each time i want to use the browser.

5. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    The Opera browser works just fine as a ROM on any slot-1 device, but you MUST have the RAM expansion pak in the GBA slot. [​IMG]

6. teapea
    OP

United Kingdom
    excellent

i'll give m3 some time them to produce thier slot 1 solution before buying the m3 lite.

7. aletorchic

Member aletorchic Advanced Member

Italy
    AFAIK the RAM expansion pak is only sold bundled with the Opera browser....
    Did anybody try to run the [patched]browser from a slot-1 card while using a slot 2 card (maybe with RAM , e.g. SC) as memory pack?
    It would be great!

8. alexp2_ad

Member alexp2_ad Certified Smart Ass

United Kingdom
    No.

I personally don't think that'll ever be done, short of a flashcard company distributing their flashcard with a RAM expansion.

And yes the RAM pack is only sold with the browser, but being able to run the ROM with the ram pack is still useful, so people don't need to carry multiple carts.

9. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Most of the "slot 2" adapters already have a "RAM expansion" in the form of PSRAM or SDRAM, its just a matter of whether or not someone has the skill/desire to hack opera to work with a non-standard RAM cart... alot of work for a browser if you ask me.

10. Timo710

Member Timo710 GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    so your willing to buy a Slot-1 card just so you dont have to swap cards once in a while?

11. aletorchic

Member aletorchic Advanced Member

Italy
    YES!
    THEY DID!
    Great!